• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Memorial Day (Two-Week) User-land BBQ Contest

There are no rules. It's a casual contest with a big prizes, and the winners will be determined by user polling over next weekend.

The prize box I'm providing will have items from:

Joyner's Hot Peppers
Texas Creek
Lucky Dog Hot Sauces
Dee Roo (SmokenFire)
Scotty O'Hotty
Pex Peppers
Walkerswood
Teeny Tiny Spice Co.
Meat Church
Defcon
Mild Bill's
Johnson Berry Farms
Zatarain's
Season With Spice

... so far.

I haven't poked around my Asian shelves, or the Cambro's of Modernist powders yet - but I'll be including stuff from there as well, if possible.

A prize box from JHP will be provided by Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders, thanks Chris.

A prize box from Texas Creek is forthcoming, TBD once we figure out how the voting will be organized. This prize can be donated to AnySoldier.

Just worked out a prize box from Lucky Dog Hot Sauce with Scott that will include the new Chipotle, a Dia Del Perro, and the Black label sauce (CONUS) (tctenten has sponsored this being available to an expat member if it ends up as such).

And also, a prize box from Pex Peppers that will include a pair of his sauces (CONUS).

* If you are a producer/vendor, or just looking to sponsor a prize box out of sheer benevolence, shoot me a PM and we'll get it in there ...

The more prizes the better, certainly.

Actually, my best final results have been on the stalled one's, really.

I'm just brazen enough to suggest that stall-aversion (wrapping, raising temp, or forced induction) is counter-Q ...

The stall is probably like a mid-cook resting phase, with some redistribution of fluids - like the intermission of Titanic ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432394759.124488.jpg

"i'm king of the world" brisket takes 19 hrs!

grantmichaels said:
Actually, my best final results have been on the stalled one's, really.

I'm just brazen enough to suggest that stall-aversion (wrapping, raising temp, or forced induction) is counter-Q ...

The stall is probably like a mid-cook resting phase, with some redistribution of fluids - like the intermission of Titanic ...

attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432394759.124488.jpg

"i'm king of the world" brisket takes 19 hrs!
Boy you done go cray cray ;)

Evaporation....

I will fight off the urge to TX Crutch this one...172 now ;) 

Still not sure what I am grilling, have some yard work to get done, but there are no rules?  Just smoke or BBQ something?

The only rule is that you need to get people's votes to win.

Boxes are heading wherever the popular vote sends them.

I'm mentally prepared to send it to Scovie, lol.

Alynne said:
Wish I had seen this before the day's shopping. Don't think I can pull off Thai steak salad as BBQ. Will be watching!

Well, actually ...

All you have to do is win.

There's no rules per se.

It's a thread popularity contest w/ prizes for the winners.

I'm in favor of a no-rules contest - the oppositionally defiant are welcome here, encouraged even.

Ozzy2001 said:
Slowly but steadily moving. 158 now. If it doesn't break past 160 in the next half hour though it's getting crutches up.
I hear that, I am actually freaking shocked my brisket didn't stall but I know why now...I have the butcher paper ready and it laughed and me and kept going hjahahhaha
Alynne said:
No fire outside. City apartment.
#dislike, enjoy your meal and have fun!!!!

The indoor pressure smoker is surprisingly useful and it's going to see a lot of action in the next two months here ...

It's quickly become miserably hot, but worse, the (mosquito) pestilence is setting in ...

I don't mind sweating my ass off to grill, but the bug bites irritate me for the rest of the night ...

Back