food Memorial Day (Two-Week) User-land BBQ Contest

Cook done.  Vietnamese pork skewers and chicken wings smoked with a little cherry wood, with a vietnamese noodle salad and pickled carrots. Oh and another oatmeal stout!  

IMG_0791_zpse60j5kdz.jpg

IMG_0794_zps8jnnrexm.jpg

IMG_0795_zpsiaovbtm5.jpg

Inside says they are still juicy and tasty as.  

IMG_0796_zpsyume1w78.jpg

IMG_0798_zpsjizvevej.jpg

grantmichaels said:
Wow - really, really nice!

... and w/ homebrew.
Thanks man, I have loads of left overs for the week, stoked.   I took a sip to show the quality of lacing just for you!  :P

.. well that and I was thirsty after all that heat!

A couple of latenight skewer's would be ideal right now =)

We ordered schmancy Indian tonight, to keep Danielle from having to deal w/ any mess - because I'm brewing twice and cooking that rib roast yet this weekend.

That plate looks fantastic, and you've done the extra item or two of prep I usually lazy my way out of.

Bumper said:
Nice, what are you brewing?
A 2 gal batch of saison (w/ orange zest at flame out), and then a 2 gal chocolate maple porter ...

I need to brew an RIS over the following weekend so as to get it started getting done, lol ... hear it's eight to twelve months for a big one.

Nice!!  Simple cooking next weekend as I am overdue for some brewing too.  Got to look at the double APA I mentioned in RM's thread.  I have a few bags of homegrown cascade left from this year, so should use them while they are still super fresh.

I have a lot of pilsner, saison yeast, and hallertau hops ... so i'll be doing a bunch of 2.5 gal batches into the no-chill cubes after the RIS, and then i'll probably do Wheebz' lager after that.

You've reminded me, though - I need to iron out temp-controls for the freezers, and I'd forgotten this evening. Oops.

I have been racking my brain on what else to make and I think Bumper just decided it for me.  I am thinking some Asian stuff is gonna happen.

Yep, just made my ingredients list of things I am either out of or will use up and want to replace.

lemongrass
Asian pear
green onions
thai chiles or serranos
cilantro
sesame oil
gochang

Apparently I changed my Apple ID password last night and have no idea what to. Spent an hour this AM trying to figure out why devices weren't communicating. Spent 1/2 an hour trying to re-reset it to something acceptable to Apple. Now stupid photo bucket is only uploading some pics. Arrggghhh!

This will help.

Back