• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Mezo`s "super hots" Glog including the 'big' solar dehydrator.

The is thread with the humungous solar dehydrator. :D

solardehydrator3.jpg

G-Day, im Mez or Mezo & im new to this part of Australia having come from Perth (Western Australia) where growing chili peppers is so easy (except the heat).

I live in the border ranges in northern New South Wales (bordering Queensland) and its a mixed bag of temperate & tropical conditions, the summers are very hot, wet & humid, the winters are dry & sunny.

Average daily temps.

averagedailytemp.gif

And average monthly rainfall.

averagemonthlyrain.gif

Aussies reading this will already know this, but people in other country's probably paint a picture of Australia as a hot dry/dusty land but this is far from the truth, up north its full blown tropics with a wet season & 100% humidity (yuck). Down south its freezing cold & snow during winter, out west its a dry heat like in the Mediterranean & in the middle of Australia is desert country.

So im now growing for the first time "Super hots" and for a very important reason, whilst working away in Perth i had a double heart attack wich has left me permanently disabled, sadly they are unable to operate on me (bypass/stent) as its to far gone, so having worked all my life (Electrician) im now at the age of 45 claiming a disability pension & i hate not being able to work.

Now i take shovel fulls of dam tablets to keep my heart pumping & id rather not be taking any but right now there no option i have to take them or ill drop dead on the spot. After much reading i found out that cayenne powder has all sort of benefits to your health & well being, especially to your cardio vascular system. I had read that cayenne powder can stop a heart attack in its track & i put this to the test (twice) and yes it does work where the medication (Nitrolingual) had no effect.

So anyone reading this who spots a friend having a heart attack just flick some chili powder in a glass of water as fast as you can & get them to drink in right down, fast. It works within 30 seconds of drinking it & it saved me from two more attacks already.

So there's my life story in a nutshell & some sound advice on how to save a heart attack victims life.
And this ladies & gentlymen is why im growing "Super Hots" to make high heat cayenne powder for cooking to improve my circulation/remove fats & as a "just in case of emergency"

OK on with the first of my "Hots" the Bhut Jolokia, the reason i chose this was simple i just Googled "whats the hottest chili" and up popped the result, however further reading on the interweb i found threads from this forum & names like the Butch T, the Douglah & Brain Strain.

So ive ordered them from pepperlover.com after so many people gave such great reviews, Bhut in the meantime lets look at my Jolokia`s.

Bhut2.jpg

Bhut6.jpg

Must admit i just love the shape & color of these babies.
icon_mrgreen.gif

More soon,

Mezo.

G-Day Jonny,

Plenty of Pom`s in OZ & particularly in Perf, i think why so many go there is because its the opposite of where they come from. Id suggest looking right around OZ before deciding where to live, even if you do choose Perf its good to see the whole country to get an idea of what Australia about, i was lucky i did it all as a backpacker in my mid 20`s & loved every minute of it.

I did choose Perf to live in after id spent some time there in the mid 90`s & fell in love with it, i had a millennium pool party (nice & warm) and decided i wasn't going back to the UK, work was iffy in 2000 here in OZ after the Olypics & i decided to head to NZ to have a nosey, there was plenty of work so i stayed five years.

Then back to Perf for another five years working hard up until my heart attacks, what a wake up call that was, only 43. So i couldn't handle the heat of Perth post heart attack & headed east. I had to de-stress my life & was offered a caravan here free of charge & what a change living in the country has been.

But yeah with your qualifications you wouldn't have any problem getting in, all they ask for is a skill you can offer the country, love it as if it was your own & no criminal convictions which ironically was a prerequisite years ago. (did dig) ;)

The farm has grown much bigger since i arrived, i look after the animals when Trish is away, its been pretty busy as its spring & newborn season, just this last few days ive had 16 news ducks, four new geese & eight chickens born.

Don`t have a clue on total animals now? started with a dozen ducks & a dozen Chickens & two Geese, we have roughly sixty chickens, sixty ducks, twenty Geese, two sheep (Briggs & Stratton) a Tom the Indian Blue Peacock, and Chilli`s.

Mezo.

I've got this weed growing at my place which looks identical to very healthy chilli that's short and bushy. When you pull it out its obviously a weed but I see one in the garden bed and do a double take every time.

+1 on Australia being an awesome place to live. I've traveled some of the world and coming back home makes you realise how good we have it here.

Agreed Moo it is a fantastic country & virgin, so much opportunity to be had, but i did have to sacrifice a lot to live here, pause while i go in to "winging pom mode"

Firstly yer beers tastes like pisswater but your improving all the time, your women do the "starfish" and think you should be lucky your not paying for it (English birds are the best, filthy things, Hmmmm) yeah your women suck (well that's it they don't)

Mates to me coming from Pomgolia are real mates, in the UK we don't dob each other in, its the lowest thing a "mate" can do.

You have no real culture or history (i miss that) & Australia needs to work real hard on that, i could elaborate on this subject but ive been banned from another US forum for going there, free speech? not on your Nelly.

But would i swap this for the UK, not right now is al i can say.

OK (exit whining pom mode)

Here`s a video just taken, its the three dogs led by Bin Laden (or binny for short)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpTl6JAGX7s&feature=youtu.be

Mezo.

Well ive only got a single 7P Brown then & that`s tiny (hope its not another spiky weed) i guess ill see in a month.

I feel such a twat, i nurtured & loved that weed, i got it a brand new pot & fresh potting mix & prime position in the tent.

Mezo.
lol. good belly laugh on that one Mez. Hope the 7-Pod pulls through.

Thanks for the update on Buddy too. He looks like he's a healthier weight & his fur looks nice & shiny too.

You have no real culture or history (i miss that) & Australia needs to work real hard on that,

Yeah it's one of the things I do love about London. At Imperial College, we've got the Natural History Museum next door, the Royal Albert Hall the other side, and the Victoria & Albert museum on a third side. Only problem is living on a student budget and working in Kensington doesn't mix too well. I mean there is a Lamborghini shop right outside the f***king tube station for god sake! Thank god for student bars at least!!! :beer:

your women do the "starfish" and think you should be lucky your not paying for it (English birds are the best, filthy things, Hmmmm) yeah your women suck (well that's it they don't)

They can be pretty easy - god I love london nightlife, although up north (eg Leeds, Liverpool and Newcastle) really puts the south to shame if slutty is what you're after! Hence why me and a few friends are planning a motorbiking road trip round Europe this summer. Same deal except the girls are on another level! OMG France you naughty mistress!!!

Yeah I've been to Perth and Melbourne, and loved both, however would love to see more of Australia, I hear it's a pretty spacious place.. Jokes! (unlike London and Hong Kong!) Other major attraction is that Aussies earn around 70% more than in the uk doing the sot of jobs I will prob. go into.

Sounds like you did some pretty awesome traveling back in the day. Seems like Oz has always been one of the top choices.

Absolutely love the vids of Buddy, really want a dog when I settle down and get my own place (still a while from now)

Hope the heart's doing better these days, I can't imagine the snakes or spiders are much help either!

Well its been 37°C today (98.6°F) to hot for my liking, just a short vid of the plants.
Mezo.

Reactions: nee
Mez, that Florida Wild grows huge. Mine was over five feet tall and four feet wide when it fell over in July and lost it's life...

Ah that`s interesting Conor, t thought it was getting leggy due to lower light levels coming through the roof since i recovered it.
Ive actually got quite a few of them in various stages of growth which surprised me as you said they was hard to get going.

Mezo.

Nice vid. You've got a good bunch of plants in a small space. They seem to be liking the filtered tent sun, they don't look sun stressed at all. F%*&ing aphids seem to be liking it too.

Been hit with storm, posting with phone, lost the tent & most plants, lost roof of van & everthing inside is drowned (laptop, camera) lost electrics as well, dont know if sat is still working?

Be out of action for while, pepper growing finsihef i think? Solar dryer samashed as well.

Post video & pics later.

Mez.

Shit e mezo that storm is heading our way now ... that sucks big time I am glad you are OK physically though ... hang in there bro and keep us up to date if possible

Been hit with storm, posting with phone, lost the tent & most plants, lost roof of van & everthing inside is drowned (laptop, camera) lost electrics as well, dont know if sat is still working?

Be out of action for while, pepper growing finsihef i think? Solar dryer samashed as well.

Post video & pics later.

Mez.
Fook Mezo that Blows (excuse the pun), let me know when your ready to start again and I'll post you a heap of seeds, really sorry to hear

Ouch! With that kind of damage it must have been a tornado, not just a squall! Sorry as hell to hear it but glad you're OK.

Well in the blink of an eye or a nights sleep its all over for me i think? im pretty screwed now.
Ive got no electric, no sat broadband now & im running off my little Dell mini 9 running linux mint off a two stoke genny tethered to my iphone, its that basic. ;)

Mezo.

Geeeeez Meez. :shocked: Bugger me!

I dunno... looks like there's a few plants still standing? No consolation for the rest of your stuff you lost, I know.

Back