• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MGOLD86's GLOG, of sorts. NEW Billy Boy Douglah Review!

baeb2f3f.jpg

With that being said,
welcome.gif
to my grow log.

As a disclaimer, if you came here to learn how to grow peppers the right way, you might as well leave. Also, if you get easily offended, send all hatemail to Romy6. Thx. If you are looking for a pro log …… click http://www.thehotpep...al-discussion/. If you want meticulous notes, and updates like clockwork, click http://www.thehotpep...hot-grow-2012/.

For those of you who are still here, I’m Matt, and you can call me that. That or homie, bro, chief, man, buddy, or Javier. This is season number 2 and last year was a disaster. Somewhere between scouring the web to find out why all my plants couldn’t break the 2 foot mark I ran across this forum, and bam, hooked. I started gathering seeds in June and got them in dirt (or coffee filters) today.

Here is my list:

Scorps:
ButchT- Pepper lover/Chad S 3
Red TScorp-AJ 3
Yellow TScorp-Brian 3
TScorp Marouga-Pepper Lover 3

Indian:
Red Bhut-Pepper Lover 3
Assam Bhut Indian Carbon- Pepper Lover 3
Giant Red Bhut-PGM 3
Choc Bhut-PGM 3
Peach Bhut-Aji Joe 3
Naga Morich- Brian 3

7's:
Yellow 7: THSC 3
White 7: Pepper Lover 3
Jonah: Pepper Lover 3
Primo: Pepper Lover 3
Barrakpore: Pepper Lover 3
Douglah: THSC 3
Brain Strain: CMPMAN 3
Yellow Brain Strain: Pepper Lover 3
Infinity: Wouter 3

Habs:
Red Savina-Pepper Lover 3
Red Hab- Pepper Lover 3
Orange Hab- Pepper Lover 3

Crosses:
Naga x 7 Pot-Chad 3
Peach Habalokia-Aji Joe 3
Red Scorpanero #2-Aji Joe 3
Yellow Habalokia-Aji Joe 3

Others:
Fatalii-Pepper Lover 3
Trinidad Perfume-Pepper Lover 3
Tabago Seasoning-Pepper Lover 3
Aji Yellow-Aji Joe 3
Inca Red Drop-Kevin 3
Maui Purple- Kevin 3

Medium:

Biker Billy Jal- Burpee 0
Cayenne- Burpee 0

Mild/Sweet:

Joe E. Parker- HM 0
Red Bell Orion F1- HM 0
Yellow Bell Catriona- HM 0

For background on my set up with plenty of pics and commentary click http://www.thehotpep...-now-with-pics/ basically, I have a 5x5x7 growtent with a 600w MH.
8cb5f8e2.jpg

I am planting via 2 methods, coffee filter and direct sow. I want to eventually plant out 1 of each variety so I sowed 3 seeds. I soaked my seeds last night in water and planted 1 in a tray of Hoffman’s Seed Starter (thanks Ronnie),
fe6e7491.jpg

and the other two I stuck in coffee filters and plastic bags. So EVERYONE is aware, this method is not a quick one. Consider yourself warned.
b28bda4d.jpg

When I finished planting/bagging everything, I stuck it in my tent which maintains about 81-84 and we shall keep our fingers crossed.

d3223e2c.jpg

parting shot
7464807f.jpg

Now it is time to PWN some 12 year olds in MW3. Peace!

Awesome man! glad everything is doing so well, Congratulations... I was wondering when they updated post would be after your little break from them stating that your now a father lol

Thanks everyone for the congrats! I really appreciate it. I was going to post this vid last night, but God had other plans for me.....FOOD POISONING. Holy Dog Shit I have never felt that way. I am still in bed now, but I can at least lift my head and type. I am gonna watch the new episodes of East Bound and try to sleep the rest of it off by morning. I am :pray: to avoid another night like last night....

Here is the video update and I am pretty set on getting a new video camera. The DSLR takes great photos, but kinda sucks for video. So hopefully this will be the last shitty video for a while.

http://youtu.be/pGBMo5MUqqk

Food poisoning can make you feel like you should be dead by morning;"Shot at and missed ,SH*T on and hit".....

I was gonna tease you about "changing soil, and its new double meaning"; :rofl: but instead-enjoy your east bound, laughter is the best medicine.
...well...one the best anyway!

Hope your recovery is going well...the vid was great! Can't wait to see your plants at the end of the season.

Shane

Congratulations Matt & Fam! In 2 years your gonna have a little buddy to help you out in the garden! :) Ha, my daughter has walked by the flats a few times and pulled a few right out of the soil, root n all, and carries them around the house like one of her stuffed animals lol.. My Wife makes fun of me to this day because apparently the first time it happened my jaw hit the floor and my face went white lol. Hey.. It's not everyday your expecting your daughter to pull a superhot out of the ground like it's a damn carrot.

Other than the new edition, I'm glad everythings still going good for you dude. You deserve it with all the troubles you've been through this year. Your plants look healthy n green and the growth rate is awesome. Quite a difference from the pics you were posting a month ago! Glad to see the progro calmag superthrive combo is working well for you. Don't know if you want to but if you need to put the growth rate into overdrive (if your close to plant out) feel free to use all that stuff 1/4 strength everytime you water.. That is if your using the gallon jugs n such we talked about. I've been using it everytime I water on my newest seedlings since first hook and haven't seen any problems at all, and since they're closet to the fan I'm even watering them every other day, and still no problems. Just turbo charged dark green growth. Great update n video man. Again, Congratulations on the new edition.

Brandon

hey, about that "Sweet" stuff you got from the guy, I'd say keep it and try it out on a few plants.. and peppers are technically a fruit.. but I would wait till they get bigger and are pretty hardy,

but Capsicum was saying in another thread - "I have used botanicare sweet with great results, the main thing I noticed was the plant motabolized way quiker thus grew quiker. I talked to an expert and they said it was a product that was not needed and a waste of money. I do not believe that, I look beyond the Macro/Micro nutrients a plant needs and relieze it can help."

even if it doesn't really help much, you got it for free so it could be worth a shot.. assuming you didn't give it away already lol

but anyways good luck, hope you feel better, I had some really bad food poisoning in France, missed the WWII memorial graves, and was throwing up/(and dry heaving once I ran out of stuff to throwup lol) nonstop for about 4 days straight.. it sucked bad, but if you feel a little better now, you should be on your way out of the pain lol

We used to say 'think about how good it will feel when it stops hurting!" :scared:

Aside from that, congratulations on your new child; Here's to an awesome
20 years! Look how much fun it's already been! I will check
out the vid later. bro. Get better, man! Regards to your family!

Food poisoning can make you feel like you should be dead by morning;"Shot at and missed ,SH*T on and hit".....

I was gonna tease you about "changing soil, and its new double meaning"; :rofl: but instead-enjoy your east bound, laughter is the best medicine.
...well...one the best anyway!

:rofl: Yes, the soil was definitely changed.
Hope your recovery is going well...the vid was great! Can't wait to see your plants at the end of the season.

Shane

Thanks Shane. I can't wait either. It kinda sucks though because I will be heading out before my season closes up. I am sure that I will have a handful of plants without ripe pods on them. I am hoping to get a decent harvest across the board to get a good seedstock going, but aside from that i think I may have the neighbor kid come harvest them or just find a NC grower who wants to come and get a bunch of free pods.

Congratulations Matt & Fam! In 2 years your gonna have a little buddy to help you out in the garden!

Quite a difference from the pics you were posting a month ago! Glad to see the progro calmag superthrive combo is working well for you. Don't know if you want to but if you need to put the growth rate into overdrive (if your close to plant out) feel free to use all that stuff 1/4 strength everytime you water.. That is if your using the gallon jugs n such we talked about. I've been using it everytime I water on my newest seedlings since first hook and haven't seen any problems at all, and since they're closet to the fan I'm even watering them every other day, and still no problems. Just turbo charged dark green growth. Great update n video man. Again, Congratulations on the new edition.

Brandon

Thanks man. I am super happy to be back on track. I am really liking the fert combo and my update below will reflect its greateness.

hey, about that "Sweet" stuff you got from the guy, I'd say keep it and try it out on a few plants.. and peppers are technically a fruit.. but I would wait till they get bigger and are pretty hardy,

I think that I may end up given it a shot, sounds like it really cant hurt...I will pick a few to experiment on. Thanks.

We used to say 'think about how good it will feel when it stops hurting!" :scared:

Aside from that, congratulations on your new child; Here's to an awesome
20 years! Look how much fun it's already been! I will check
out the vid later. bro. Get better, man! Regards to your family!

Thanks Paul, I appreciate it!

Thanks again for all the great comments, I am finally gettin my pep back and the sleep deprivation has only let me spend more time surfin the growlogs waiting for my little man to fall asleep after he eats at 2am. I haven't been able to participate too much in the off-topic discussion and I am really trying not to think about how long it will be before I can get good and toasted again.....BUT, the peppers will live!

Time for an update.

I wanna start this one off with a before and after.

Infinity 2/12
46a4dc8a.jpg

Infinity Today 3/17
aa91b6ac.jpg

As you can see, things have DEFINITELY started to take off. It took long enough, but damn, things are going great. I am giving a ton of credit to the soil to keep things alive, and the same, if not more to the food to make them look freaking amazing. We had a great warm day today, and instead of thinking, hey I have a batch of peppers that could take some sunlight, I forgot until later on. But l took em out to snap a few shots and then back in the tent they go!

These are the ones that I saved (thanks to my wife saying not to let them die).
8ec8d2f6.jpg

43085276.jpg

Infinity, Maui Purple, BS Red

c7cfbd98.jpg

Maui Purple

c4307191.jpg

BJ Peach, TS Red (AJ's), Douglah (THSC)

fb63a1f8.jpg

BJ Peach

b8bd4846.jpg

TS Red

The thing with all these guys was that they were really slow to take off but in the past two weeks or so have started to pick up, and in the last 3 or 4 days have been growing by the day. There are a few theories I have on this. First, I took the plants that didn't have an established root system and stuck them in a 3.5x3.5x5" pot. I know a lot of growers have been successful growing from seed in a big container, but I still believe that a strong root system will help the plant to grow quicker. Second, I started 18/6 last week and it seems to be doing amazing things to my plants.

Pex is the man. Gotta love it.

Here is the rest of the post:

Here are the rest of the little guys:
40f848ea.jpg

e10f2fba.jpg

Everything in the 3oz cups is hurting for a pot up. They may not be set with a great root system, but they are struggling to hold water and wilt easily. I bumped all 6 lights on yesterday and in about an hour a lot of the cups were pretty dry and some were badly wilted. I watered, they bounced back, and then in a few hours things were getting dry again. So I turned two lights off and things are back to normal. This brings me to the dilemma....I have about 150 big pots, but these things are too small to get put in them. I don't want the same thing that happened to the others to happen to these so I decided to order 100 2.5x2.5x3.5 pots to put them into. I am going to put the stuff in the flat in those as well and I think that this is a no lose situation. Worse case, they are in them for a few weeks and get a great rootball built up and then I stick them in the big ones I have that are open.

OK! I know I have talked enough, but for all you that don't like to read, the video will be up soon.

a5dea716.jpg

How about a freaking TD?!?
Are you gonna regret that if I dust off the rusty spatula, break out some nickel noodles and beat you at your own game? I remember who was pushing ramen over CI...then ramen over African. Well now its here...and you call me out??? Maybe this is destiny...be careful what you ask for! :crazy:

Pex is the man. Gotta love it.

Here is the rest of the post:

Here are the rest of the little guys:
40f848ea.jpg

e10f2fba.jpg

Everything in the 3oz cups is hurting for a pot up. They may not be set with a great root system, but they are struggling to hold water and wilt easily. I bumped all 6 lights on yesterday and in about an hour a lot of the cups were pretty dry and some were badly wilted. I watered, they bounced back, and then in a few hours things were getting dry again. So I turned two lights off and things are back to normal. This brings me to the dilemma....I have about 150 big pots, but these things are too small to get put in them. I don't want the same thing that happened to the others to happen to these so I decided to order 100 2.5x2.5x3.5 pots to put them into. I am going to put the stuff in the flat in those as well and I think that this is a no lose situation. Worse case, they are in them for a few weeks and get a great rootball built up and then I stick them in the big ones I have that are open.

OK! I know I have talked enough, but for all you that don't like to read, the video will be up soon.

a5dea716.jpg
Trinidad Scorpion Pink Snaggletooth!

first off CONGRATS buddy on the baby! and all your other little ones have really shot up! have you tried that "clearex" yet? i have heard from a couple people it works well, i was going to get a bottle and try it on a few plants to see if there is a difference.

good looking babies! The green ones and gator baby!!! :)

LOL. He is gonna be a USF Bull or my wife will kill me.

Are you gonna regret that if I dust off the rusty spatula, break out some nickel noodles and beat you at your own game? I remember who was pushing ramen over CI...then ramen over African. Well now its here...and you call me out??? Maybe this is destiny...be careful what you ask for! :crazy:

Nope, no regret. I haven't spent much time in the discussion this time. Believe me, I am all about the smack talk, it is kinda part of the whole being the Men's Department of the Navy.....BUT I think it kinda jumped the shark in the last TD and the Showdown. I would hope it isn't a popularity contest and decided to play it more like Greg and head in there to spank some ass (Which includes yours, no homo) come TD time. I don't even feel like I gotta hide my plans, just google David Chang and Momofuku and you got my entry, plus a little more....Bring it.

Trinidad Scorpion Pink Snaggletooth!

Don't say that, someone is gonna be in the marketplace in 20 mins trying to get seeds.... :rofl:

I don't think he is gonna like the source....

first off CONGRATS buddy on the baby! and all your other little ones have really shot up! have you tried that "clearex" yet? i have heard from a couple people it works well, i was going to get a bottle and try it on a few plants to see if there is a difference.

OOOOOH, sorry I misqouted you in the video. SPONGEY told me about the Clearex. I haven't tried it yet, but think I may give it a shot every once in a while to try to clear out the soil of all the nutes. Ill let you know how it goes.

Thanks everyone for all the comments, I apprecaiate it. My family leaves tomorrow, so I think I will finally be able to breathe. Here is the video update, I upgraded my iPhone 4s and am a bit pissed. It takes WAAAAAAAY better video than my dSLR.
http://youtu.be/BhEQBKIGl-w

Your wife saved some Beautys man. Those are look great really starting to take off.

I've been using my Iphone and then edit my videos with Imovie on the phone. But I still want to get a better camera. I'm just too cheap to do it.

Can't wait to see those guys in the garden.

Back