• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Mildfruit 2022. Greenhouse edition.

Oh boy, here we go again.
I joined this lovely forum back in 2018, been a lurker much longer though. At that time I was a student living in a small apartment, trying to learn all I could about indoor growing. Mostly because I didn't have outdoor space, and when I had a hobby that demanded I grew something, I had to get creative.
I loved the control of growing indoor, and trying to create optimal growing conditions for the plants.

However, late last year I bought my first house with a garden, and fortunately I got a greenhouse as a birthday present from my girlfriend and friends.
So my dream of growing plants in a greenhouse is finally coming true!

The gear:

halls-universal-drivhus-99-m-sort-m3-mm-glas-inkl-fundament.jpg

Unfortunately this isn't from my garden, this is the picture from the website :lol:
IMG_0386.jpeg

This is my process so far :D A picture from late January, without snow! I still need lots of work before the greenhouse is ready. I need to dig out the dirt and replace it with gravel before I lay some flagstones. This part of the garden is faced in the north/south direction so I think it will be perfect.

Luckily I have lots of people to help me, so I have no doubt that the greenhouse will be ready before mid May, which is the usual time to transplant plants into the greenhouse in my country.

In my last glog I experimented with autopots, and I liked them so much that I have bought additional autopots for the greenhouse, and a big 225L (59.5gallons) water reservoir.

I also experimented with diffrent kinds of fertilizer over the years, mostly kinds that where designed for hydroponics or coco choir. This year I will try soil so I had to find a new source for fertilizers. I went with a danish product called 'Hornum GΓΈdning koncentrat'. Its a fertilizer made in the national research station for professional use, and as a total newbie in a greenhouse environment its a match made in heaven :halo:

Plants!

NameVendor
Jalapeno Lemon SpicePlantekasse.dk
Jalapeno Craigs grandePlantekasse.dk
Murupi AmarelaPlantekasse.dk
F2 Dutch chili x Ancho poblanoOwn cross
Cayenne OrangePlantekasse.dk
White bhut (White W strain)Whitehotpeppers.com
T-Rex YellowWhitehotpeppers.com
De ArbolPlantekasse.dk
Ancho PoblanoFataliiseeds.net
Golden MarconiSemillas.de
Grenada SeasoningWhitehotpeppers.com

I am growing some of the same plants as last year, but with a change in vendor. Also some new varieties.

Besides peppers I am also growing some cucumbers, tomatoes and a single Pineapple cherry plant.
Its been really hard to settle on the growlist above, I know you all know the struggle. So there might be a slight last minute change :P

The seeds will properly hit the dirt in the next few days.

Hope you will enjoy this journey with me 🀞

Great that your vacation went well. It's always cool to return and see lots of pepper development. Sounds like the F2 Dutch x Poblano taste test was a success. I'm curious how those compare to the parents in size and wall thickness. They seem fairly similar to the Dutch parent at this stage.

Great that your vacation went well. It's always cool to return and see lots of pepper development. Sounds like the F2 Dutch x Poblano taste test was a success. I'm curious how those compare to the parents in size and wall thickness. They seem fairly similar to the Dutch parent at this stage.

Even though im probably biased, im liking my first cross.
IMG-0381.jpg

The dutch parent.

The F2 is slightly thinner than the poblano in wall thickness, it also ripen to red instead of the brown poblano. The shape however is like half a poblano in size, but not as 'sharp' in shape as the dutch pictured above here.
IMG_1363 2.jpeg

Here is a good overview of the shape of different F2 pods. A tad bulkier than the dutch parent, and roughly half the size of the Poblano pictured under here.

IMG_0441.jpeg

The dutch had a low amount of heat, but still had some bite, maybe like a milder cayenne. The poblano had even lesser heat. So interestingly that the F2 have even lower heat than any of the parents. But this was the first pod of the season, perhaps the heat will vary over the season :)

That in-between size seems like a great size for a sweet pepper. I see that's the same picture from the last page and I get it now. I just get mixed up in your glog sometimes because I caption above and you caption below. Hopefully the heat won't get too high and the good attributes will stabilize without too much effort.

Last edited:
That in-between size seems like a great size for a sweet pepper. I see that's the same picture from the last page and I get it now. I just get mixed up in your glog sometimes because I caption above and you caption below. Hopefully the heat won't get too high and the good attributes will stabilize without too much effort.
Ah thats a great point, I had never realized that I do it backwards with pictures and caption, I guess you learn everyday :)
Thanks! I hope so, I guess I should grow a bunch of plants like @ChilliCrosser if I wanted to do it properly, but for know its just a fun side project :)

What a delight reading your glog. You have a super set up and fantstic grow on the go Mildfruit. Stunning pods. Really well done πŸ™‚:thumbsup:
Thanks a lot for your kind words, it means a lot :party: Its great to have a place with likeminded people to talk to. I think I would be blocked from the familie message chats if I posted all my pictures there ;)

Finally my orange Cayenne decided to ripen. The plant have lots and lots of pods that will ripen up over the next few days. Which means the dehydrator will be busy. As the pictures show, the walls are thin. The heat, is typical cayenne, they were advertised as between 15.000 and 30.000 Scoville which I think is true in this case. This pepper along with De arbol will make up most of my dried peppers for everyday use.
IMG_1588.jpeg

IMG_1589.jpeg

Very nice, Rasmus. Those sort of remind me
of the Large Orange Thai from a previous Grow-
down, if I remember correctly. The Cayennes
should make awesome powder/ flakes, etc.

They do look like a Large Orange thai in that picture, you're absolutely right. But when you bite into it, you're not in doubt as the heat is much lower than what I remember the large orange thai to be :).

Here is a little daily harvest picture, I love to go out each day and fill my little bag with peppers. In this picture to the right is a ripe poblano. Actually the first one this year, as the rest have been hit with BER. After adding cal mag this issue seems to have been fixed for the remainder of the pods.
IMG_1596.jpeg

And here is the diced poblano into some guacamole πŸ₯‘ Love that color they add.
IMG_1599.jpeg

The Orange cayenne went into the drier, and I am beginning to fill the third glass with dried peppers.
IMG_1602.jpeg

IMG_1603.jpeg

The Golden Marconi, which is arguably more orange, but still tastes amazing.

IMG_1613.jpeg

T-Rex Yellow.
IMG_1614.jpeg

Just a strange pod developing on my De Arbol plant. Wonder if the seeds will produce a similar pod or perhaps all the seeds are genetically the same across pods?
IMG_1615.jpeg

@Mildfruit - Looking stellar, Rasmus! Nice little harvest.
It is a good feeling, alright. I just found three ripe mid-
sized Fooderama Scotch Bonnet pods yesterday. Didn't
even know they had set :rofl:

What are the pale yellow and dark yellow pods in the
harvest pic?

Cant wait to see those T-Rex yellows. What are they
next to?
popcorn2.gif

@Mildfruit - Looking stellar, Rasmus! Nice little harvest.
It is a good feeling, alright. I just found three ripe mid-
sized Fooderama Scotch Bonnet pods yesterday. Didn't
even know they had set :rofl:

What are the pale yellow and dark yellow pods in the
harvest pic?

Cant wait to see those T-Rex yellows. What are they
next to?
popcorn2.gif

Thanks Paul! Haha those surprise pods are the best!
The pale Yellows are KGS LSB, but not a particular pretty pheno, I plan to make a separat update for them when the better phenos ripen, but the taste is great.

The darker Yellow almost orange pods are the Grenada Seasoning. Funny thing, they have very little placenta tissue, and if you bite around that they are completely heatless. However they kick like a mule when tasting the white placenta tissue.

Yea im right there with you! Can't wait to taste them, according to the site on WHP, they are more floral than fruity, but we'll have to see. They are next to sugar rush stripey, I'll snap a picture later, I think I have a ripe one by now :)

Heres a mix of night and day pictures from last night and this evening.
First up, Sugar rush peach stripey. First ripe pod :) Not tasted them yet, but if they resemble last time I grew sugar rush peach (no stripe) it will be a winner. Also, I grew these before and they turned out completely red, so glad this one didn't.
IMG_1631.jpeg

Heres a picture of my Jalapeno Craigs Grande. They are pretty average in size, and they have no heat, so properly won't grow these again. They are however very productive.
IMG_1620.jpeg

The LemonStarrBurst are also very productive. So far the Chinense variety with the best smell. Its hard to describe but, "fresher" and less overwhelming as some Chinenses can be. Hard to see all the pods, but this picture resembles I guess around 25% of the pods on the plant.
IMG_1621.jpeg

Last one is my T-rex yellow. Finally it has begun ripening! Im excited to see if its hotter than my profile picture which is a Andy's King B.O.C, which was indescribable and the hottest thing I've ever had, up there with JPGS.
IMG_1629.jpeg

IMG_1637.jpeg

that stripey is so pretty :D
When you try the Lemonstarrburst would you post and let me know what it tastes like - it's on my grow list for next year.
Those gnarly peppers are stunning - not that I would want to stick one in my mouth :hot:

Awesome pod on that T-Rex yellow, Rasmus!
Everything looks great!

that stripey is so pretty :D
When you try the Lemonstarrburst would you post and let me know what it tastes like - it's on my grow list for next year.
Those gnarly peppers are stunning - not that I would want to stick one in my mouth :hot:
You betcha! I'll probably do it tomorrow after work, I've so far only had it dried and I can already recommend it, but I'll try and make a proper review tomorrow.
Awesome pod on that T-Rex yellow, Rasmus!
Everything looks great!
Thanks Paul! Its really a great time of year when everything ripens :)
Looking super Rasmus, I hope we get to see your taste review πŸ€—πŸ˜€πŸ‘
Haha best I can do is a text based review which I promise will come, just checked the pod today and it only have a small green spot left, so it will be ready very soon!

I hope everyone had a great weekend, here in Denmark we experienced another heatwave. I measured the greenhouse used 120Liters (31.7 gallons) from late friday to today. So its been HOT!

As I mentioned for Paul this is a great time of year due to everything kinda ripens at the same time. Usually I harvest 2-300 grams daily from the greenhouse, but today I broke my record, which to be fair was rather low because I've always had a small grow.
1250 grams of beautiful peppers, I know my dehydrator will be busy..
IMG_1680.jpeg

The Lemonstarburst is putting out some really great phenos and what a beast of a producer. Extremely productive plant, while being relatively compact. I must say Khangstarr really made a great cross, and as I promised I will give a proper review tomorrow, but for know I have this picture:
IMG_1679.jpeg

Luscious harvest image, @Mildfruit! Wonderful
mix of colors and shapes! I agree with Dr. McDog,
the Stripey pod has great markings. All the KS
Lemon Starbursts in your photo look like they
have a nice phenotype.

I’d say that the greenhouse is an unmitigated success!

Khangstarr lemonstarburst!
The smell is classic Chinense, but in a better way - let me explain. The Orange habanero have an almost toxic very thick chinense smell which I cannot personally stand. This pepper have a much fresh'er chinense smell, not as overpowering as the Orange Hab at all, but actually pleasent. Smell and taste is subjective so if you love the Orange hab this is not a "milder" smell but fresher.

The taste is very good, more fruity than sweet, reminds me of exotic fruits such as mango, but not as sweet.
The heat is certainly there but not an immediate hit, but stays and rather quickly goes to what I would describe as a pleasent mouth burn. Don't get me wrong, I certainly couldn't snack these, but the taste was actually good.
Overall great pepper!
Another great thing is the seeds are easily removable, and the plant is crazy productive. Great job Khangstar.
IMG_1688.jpeg

Bonus tasting:
T-Rex Yellow (orange?)
The smell is much much sweeter compared to the lemonstarburst above, almost alluring giving me confidence that a taste won't be regrettable.
Hard, very hard to describe any taste besides a mix of the sweet sweet smell and then a full on hit of fire.
I tried my best to find a hint of any taste I could describe, but I think my answer would be very biased from the smell which was very good.
The heat is definitely in the superhot category.
I think this pepper, besides the novelty of growing it, will be most useful as a powder.
But man, what a sick looking pepper and the rest of the pods have equally gnarly looks.
IMG_1686.jpeg

IMG_1687.jpeg
'
IMG_1689.jpeg

Back