• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Mildfruit 2023

IMG_1263.jpeg

Here we go!
Can't believe I created my first glog back in 2018, back then it was all about indoor hydroponics in a small tent. Now it's in a greenhouse, and this year I don't have to build it! :P

This year I will also be monitoring the greenhouse more intensely. I have installed a greenhouse "computer", a device monitoring temperature, humidity, and lux levels. All this will be accessible on my phone, so hopefully, I can use this data to improve the plant environment further. I will also use this to monitor soil water levels in plants not in autopots. Handy to be able to check on the phone if plants need water :D

I will also be collecting rain water, as opposed of using tap water, as were I live the water is rather hard. Hopefully this will make a difference, at least it will be cheaper :halo:

Anyway, this year I will live up to my username, most plants will be rather mild.
This list is subject to change.

Name:Vendor:Note.
Quadrato d’Asti Giallo XL pot Yellow bell pepper
Thunder Cacho Brown
Spanish Giant XL pot Red Bell pepper
Jalapeno El jefe
Guajillo
Chilhuacle Negro
Candy Cane
Freshno
F3 Dutch chili x PoblanoOwn seed stockFirst cross.
Habanada
Canario
De ArbolOwn seed stock
Peruvian Giallo AranciaOwn seed stockOld favorite
Pimentos de gernika (Padron pepper)
F1 Murupi x pimenta de NeydOwn seed stock.
The maybe list:
Cajun Belle
Jalapeno Mammoth
???

I began my pepper journey today planting seeds of the Habanada pepper and Canario. Being c. chinense and c. pubescent respectively, they could use a little headstart.
The rest will be planted in two weeks' time.

I wish you all a great growing season🌶️🌶️🌶️

Held og lykke med sæsonen, Rasmus 😊

I've shown pictures of your greenhouse to Mr. Nulle (nudge nudge, wink wink husband) but he doesn't seem to get it. Very strange.

Maybe this year you should be part of the European Seed Train? There are many great seeds there.

With a setup like that, what could possibly go wrong 😄
Haha why do I feel like those could be famous last words? :P Last season I had a battle with ants who also seemed to like the greenhouse. It's a nifty issue, when I don't feel like using chemicals too close to something we all eat. Hopefully they won't be an issue this season 🙏
Held og lykke med sæsonen, Rasmus 😊

I've shown pictures of your greenhouse to Mr. Nulle (nudge nudge, wink wink husband) but he doesn't seem to get it. Very strange.

Maybe this year you should be part of the European Seed Train? There are many great seeds there.
Tusind tak!

Haha I take that as a huge compliment. I will say, it helped tremendously that I was gifted the greenhouse (but I would probably have gotten it anyway), so maybe that should be your approach? Any birthdays coming up? 😅

Certainly, I have been participating in another european seed train on reddit, but the more the merrier. Where can I find information on this european seed train?

IMG_0446.jpeg

So in the last 6 months, every weekend (almost) have been used to build a secondary building. I figure it will also serve as a nice place to start seedlings in the future, they even have a view of their upcoming home.

This is the "computer" I talked about. Luckily I installed electricity into the greenhouse, currently showing 42 degrees Fahrenheit, and we still have night frost. My partner thinks it's excessive that I have created a wifi network only for the greenhouse. I disagree.
IMG_0447.jpeg

This creates some nice graphs, I really like graphs.
Skærmbillede 2023-02-15 kl. 11.04.04.png

Lastly. My first seeds have been planted for almost 48hours. Still nothing :(
I went back to the grodan cubes for starting seeds, I find them easier to keep moist compared to soil.
IMG_0448.jpeg

Haha I take that as a huge compliment. I will say, it helped tremendously that I was gifted the greenhouse (but I would probably have gotten it anyway), so maybe that should be your approach? Any birthdays coming up? 😅
I already have the greenhouse - I actually have 2 (5 m2 and 10 m2) - but they are definately NOT looking like yours, which is what the nudging is all about. He still doesn't get it, though :lol:

My partner thinks it's excessive that I have created a wifi network only for the greenhouse. I disagree.
This creates some nice graphs, I really like graphs.
With graphs like that, how could you be wrong!

Lastly. My first seeds have been planted for almost 48hours. Still nothing :(
Haha. I know this feeling ;)

Hope you have great luck with the new season!

With graphs like that, how could you be wrong!

Haha. I know this feeling ;)

Hope you have great luck with the new season!
My thoughts exactly! Thanks for the kind words McDog.

I already have the greenhouse - I actually have 2 (5 m2 and 10 m2) - but they are definately NOT looking like yours, which is what the nudging is all about. He still doesn't get it, though :lol:
TWO?! Now I know what to wish for next time a big birthday is coming up :D
Nice looking greenhouse good luck with your grow this season 😎
Thank you Sinn!

And the Habanada is first!
IMG_0464.jpeg

So far the Habanada as shown have sprouted, and I have peeked inside the grodan cube with my Canario seeds, and they have also begun spouting!
Still nothing with my Marupi x De neyde cross.

While im still a week away from starting the rest of the seeds, I have already assembled the old grow tent, ready to assist with supplementary lighting.
IMG_0463.jpeg

IMG_0461.jpeg

The greenhouse is also at peak times around 20-25 degrees celcius (68-77 Fahrenheit) during the day. So if I have time I'll bring them outside as much as possible until temperatures get better :).

So I couldn't wait anymore. We have a wonderful sunny day today, and some neighbors are even beginning to do some garden work. So I convinced myself this would be as good a time as any.

IMG_0479.jpeg

Here is the remaining peppers planted and sealed. As suspected more peppers than I had initially planned went into a cube today...
The full list of todays peppers is:
Quadrato d’Asti Giallo Italian bell pepper yellow with 4 lobes.
Thunder Cacho BrownBrown thunder mountain cross
Spanish GiantBig red bell pepper.
Jalapeno El jefeHybrid jalapeno without corking and good heat (hopefully)
Guajillo
Chilhuacle NegroBrown Mexican pepper
Candy CaneStriped pepper, no heat.
Cajun BelleResembles a smaller bell pepper with slight heat.
Freshno
F3 Dutch chili x poblanoMy own Cross
De Arbol
Peruvian Giallo AranciaOld favorite, like a smaller Aji Amarillo
Padron pepper (de gernika)
NEW* Hangjiao 5 Helix Nebula. Seeds from djlameche from the pepperlover community.

So right now I planted more than I can grow, so I hope that some seeds won't germinate, then I won't have to make the hard decisions :D

One of the seed packets had a blue coating, never seen that before, this was Jalapeño Mammoth btw.
IMG_0478.jpeg

Seeds with coatings are usually made for professional horti/agri culture. The coating can have many purposes.
Fungicides, insecticides or a vast array of biological amendments like specific nutrients or beneficial microbes/fungi or even root stimulants etc. Also the coating makes for non clumping seeds wich is needed for automated sowing machines. Modern corn, wheat and especially soy beans can have more than 30 different layers of coating.
The seeds used for this are carefully selected and tested for germination rate, so you should have good germination rates! Visited a seed selection company once and they selected their seeds in some sort of wind tunnel, only the big
heavy seeds made it to the end of the machine and the rest was discarded or probably ended up at the consumers market or something. 😁

Last edited:
Back