• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

JayT said:
You mean they don't already??? I mean, she does eat like...50 habs in a week! My ribs are a' cookin' right now TB.

Ribs...ahhhh...ribs. Will alcohol be involved?

Ribs on the racks...going into the smoker in 10. 9. 8....

Cheers, TB.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I do have the fixins to make some proper poppers. Maybe I will make an appearance on "The Drunken Chef".

JayT said:
That's not my dog... My dog died remember? Must be IGG.

Sorry 'bout that JayT. What was I thinking..

IGG..get off my leg!!

:tosses beer can:

:IGG lets go of TB's leg and fetches beer:

Cheers, TB.

FiveStar said:
The kids all wrapped in the bacon haz-mat suits await a trip to 400F.

DSCN0379.jpg

And the finished product. Crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside! I submit these to the almighty popper overlords for approval.

DSCN0380.jpg

They look something between awesome and divine!

I was grocery shopping tonight & found some awesome looking habs. I picked up a few of them...then remembered I still had popper stuffing leftover from last weekend! I went to grab some bacon & found some on special, yay. I only made a handful. I should've taken more pics of the prep, but, here they are cooking:

habpop.jpg

habpop1.jpg

habpop2.jpg

Yum yum yum. I could only eat 2, lol.

Impy - the hab poppers are looking damn tasty!

must be a hab popper night cuz I also made some hab poppers tonight. nothing special just simple poppers - orange habs,gouda cheese,bacon. (I made a slit in the pod & put the cheese chuncks in while leaving the pod insides in for the heat)

DSCF2559.jpg

DSCF2573.jpg

Impy you most righteously are THE POPPER QUEEN OF THE UNIVERSE!
"Oh I was just grocery shopping..." And POW! Hab Poppers!

CH...gouda hab poppers. In cast iron. Like a velvet stun gun!

Let know one tell you different...ya'll rock!

Cheers, TB.

chilehunter - great minds think alike! Yours look fabulous! The habs are beautiful & I bet they were reeeeeally good w/ the smoked gouda! I have tons of stuffing & bacon left over...I bet jalapeno poppers aren't too far off!

ImpyChick said:
I was grocery shopping tonight & found some awesome looking habs. I picked up a few of them...then remembered I still had popper stuffing leftover from last weekend! I went to grab some bacon & found some on special, yay. I only made a handful. I should've taken more pics of the prep, but, here they are cooking:

Yum yum yum. I could only eat 2, lol.

well, 2 is 1 and 3/4 more than I could eat :oops:. I'm working on it I swear!

Neil

On the Easter weekend we had full house. All the kids were there and I had to fix something nice to eat. So I decided to prepare some medium mild poppers cos' the kids don't like it too hot.
For the stuffing I used mixed pork and beef mince, Feta cheese, garlic, rats turd powder, black pepper, salt, onions and Franziskaner Weißbier.

100_1320.jpg

And this is the rest of the shopping list:
100_1330.jpg

The sweet pointed peppers slashed open in T-cut and deseeded:
100_1329.jpg

Back