• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

LOL, thx TB. I like the SnackGuyver bit..always liked that show.

rainbowberry said:
I must be a bit drunk on my day off, I read that as I am thinking BBQ Rb Poppers, nevermind.

Nah, BBQ isn't needed, Regular Flavor is just fine.

And, like any good Popper, you can't have just one bite. :D

K, back to my whiskey 'n coffee...Skol!

_QS_

...we now return you to the originally scheduled program in progress... PURE UNADULTERATED POPPERS!

POPPERS.jpg

Looking though all the different pics got me wanting some poppers, plus SOMEONE had to steer the conversion away from RB and all her nasty innuendos... I tell you some of those comments were enough to make this frenchman blush! :oops:. Anyways, I happened to have some large Jala's on hand so I thought what the hell! I diced up some bacon and purple onions then fried them both with a gob of minced garlic. The garlic was added a little before the bacon and onions were done. You really only want to cook garlic until it becomes aromatic. The onion, bacon and garlic were thrown into a bowl while I diced up a lovely serrano that was turning from green to yellow and orange. I also chopped up a bit of green onion (tops only) and dug out some cottage cheese. Everything was thrown into a bowl along with a few cranks of black pepper from the pepper mill and mixed.

After stuffing the peppers I topped with Kraft Tex Mex cheese which is a blend of Cheddar, Colby, and moteray jack. Because I don't have a fancy popper cooker stand like some people, and I didn't want to wait for the deep fryer, I put them in our little turbo oven and hit them with 10 minutes of convection cooking! Delish, but they could still use a little more serrano pepper. Maybe next time I'll throw in some crushed red peppers while cooking the bacon. That should kick it up a bit.

those look heavenly...

texas blues said:
Dillo, Quad is the Snackworld MacGyver. Takes bailing wire and a bar of soap and comes up with a burrito.

Cheers, TB.

Don't forget the Swiss Army knife! I prefer the Leatherman tool though.

Blister said:
...we now return you to the originally scheduled program in progress... PURE UNADULTERATED POPPERS!

Great idea! I had a pretty hard time imagining ground pony in poppers....

Class A poppers you show there BTW!

rainbowberry said:
LOL, I might be hot too. That avatar is old now, my hair doesn't look like that now, more like this

11032009527-1-1.jpg

Actually from today after I had it cut it's even shorter. I've never had anyone use a chat up line on me anyway. Have I just hi-jacked this thread 100%? I think so.
All I have to say, is... GRRRRR... ;)

I too am impressed with Blister and his creation. I question though will he have what it takes to enter the Friday Popper Throwdown? I know I will be there in full effect and I believe TB will be up to the task. Who else among you will challenge us for Popper Supremacy?

I'm guessin' Dillo, Impy, Blister, AJ, TCG, maybe FiveStar, Quad, you, and myself will be "all in" on this. We need some Aussie's up in here as well as Omri to round it out. I have a feeling THP is going to jump in possibly. We need Passow too!
EVERYBODY!!

Cheers, TB.

IGG has no camera at the moment so I bet he is a no-go. I hope this takes off and we can make this the biggest Popperama ever!!!

I have been scheming since we first talked 'bout it...matter of fact, called Andrew and told him to get ready...we are going to do a Margarita Tour of downtown Fort Worth (one margarita per bar in the downtown area) early but I should be back to the house and ready for the Popperama about 7:30 or 8

That would be 11 EST? I will be ready long before that. I think we shall make it open to everyone anytime Friday and judge on Saturday. A poll may be in order to leave all THP members be the judge. What say you TB?

no bro..I am just an hour ahead of you...

Oh yeah that's right. Either way, need to leave it open for everyone that is ahead of us too. Plus Quad is 3 hours behind me.

since my boy, Andrew is a "chef in training", I am going to get his "Chicago" take on it too...I just called him and warned him... ;)

I would be in for the popper throwdown, but I'm drivin my girlfriend to get her wisdom teeth yanked on friday. I may be playing nurse all afternoon. I will see how things go though. I may have a late entry, if that's kosher. But if not this throwdown, I shall taketh a raincheck!

Back