food Mmmmmm...poppers!

That was some of my salt-n-pepper rub. It includes sea salt and a mix of about 7 pepper powders from ranging in heat from Ancho-Naga. The poppers were filled with cheddar and bit of my jalapeno/thai sauce.

MY aunt visited on my birthday and she claimed to have the best poppers in all the land. I had to ask how she made them, She said get some bob evans sausage in the rool things, pepper of choice, and cream cheese and mozzarella and that is it.!
I decided to leave alot of the seeds and placenta in for alittle extra burn
IMG00441.jpg

Next though shalt proceed to browing the sausage and draining grease if any.
oh in picture as well is half a bulb of roasted garlic leftover from meatloaf why not threw it in was killer flavor.
IMG00440.jpg

then take sausage from stove put in mixing bowl, fold in warm creamcheese i like neufchatel, mix till mixed, stuff poppers with mixture then top with mozzarella, then put in oven like soo
IMG00442.jpg

these are all jalapeno's,and the final pic( made sure i had a minimum of 12..TB)
IMG00443.jpg

These were soo damn good we made em again the next night also cuz we had a bunch of sausage left over.
we tried this time with a few different pepper Jalapeno's anaheim's and sweet banana's
IMG00444.jpg

Having no bacon made me feel worried about this but to tell you the truth these had to be maybe the best poppers i ever had! yeah thats beer in the coozie how else can you stand the heat.

A few photog tips:

if ya using auto-focus, it's likely where you press the shutter halfway, the box turns green? That's focused. If you just click away, it'll 'prolly be out of focus unless ya have a DSLR that can keep up.

Think of shooting a camera like shooting a gun: squeeze the release, don't mash it.

Steady and brace the camera with both hands.

Control your breathing to minimize shake.

Add ya, pick the camera mode best suited for you lighting, distance, etc.

I see ya using a BlackBerry Pearl there, but it's still quite capable of taking good shots. :)

Turn the default flash setting to "on" and image stabilization to "off" if ya want it to take pictures faster...it's kinda slow by default. 'prolly want images set to Superfine quality if ya have the card space.

And remember, it's a cell phone, not a camera. ;)

skol,

QS

'Bout damn time we got this here thread goin' on again. Tonight on deck, I have 'penos, goat cheese, cheddar and jack, sundried toms and pequins. Most likely I'll bread and deep fry those along with some 13/15's camarones from Bangladesh. I may split the fried hotness between here and teh Drunken Chef! Hosky is chillin' ya'll!

texas blues said:
'Bout damn time we got this here thread goin' on again. Tonight on deck, I have 'penos, goat cheese, cheddar and jack, sundried toms and pequins. Most likely I'll bread and deep fry those along with some 13/15's camarones from Bangladesh. I may split the fried hotness between here and teh Drunken Chef! Hosky is chillin' ya'll!

Looks like you are gonna have platter full of them sea critters.

NJA

texas blues said:

Funny, I was just thinking the same thing. I have a special surprise brewing for everyone. Hint: I just received a package from AJ...

Oh, it's on. Just gotta wait for the woman to get back with the camera. Some sort of nonsense about taking the boy to see Santa's reindeer.

Nah, I'm the only deerslayer in the family. She and the boy adourned with santa hats went to see and take pictures with some live reindeer at a local grocery store. I am going to do something never attempted by man tonight and eat some of every type of naga. I will then make poppers out of the remaining. I had this wonderful drunken idea one night and pm'd AJ who was only to happy to oblige. Sit back and enjoy my demolition at the hands of the naga tonight everyone.

Back