food Mmmmmm...poppers!

lol, I've actually done that before... was almost God-like, but nobody was willing to eat it, just me.

I'm thinking of maybe replacing the meat with some spicy white fish mix(?).

I love salmon (and tuna), but I like my salmon in a certain way. I'd feel bad cooking it this way.
You did give me an idea, though... thanks Nova!

I think i'll just stuff 'em with a special hamburger mix i get from my local butcher:cool: have to try it with some poblanos and rocotos someday as well:onfire:

Omri...use some crab meat with the cheese...I think crab is Kosher isn't it? or you can use canned chicken...I have used both and the crab rocked...shrimp works well also with a little cajun seasoning...

Omri said:
Hey guys, sorry to interrupt... does anyone here has a suggestion for a good Kosher popper recipe?
Meaning it's possible to use either meat or cheese, but not both...

I did a lot of poppers just with Mozzarella and pepper powder. Quick, easy and tasty.

AlabamaJack said:
Omri...use some crab meat with the cheese...I think crab is Kosher isn't it? or you can use canned chicken...I have used both and the crab rocked...shrimp works well also with a little cajun seasoning...

Yeah, what about chicken? They ain't mammals and thus ain't fed with milk.

Omri said:
Hey guys, sorry to interrupt... does anyone here has a suggestion for a good Kosher popper recipe?

AlabamaJack said:
Milk products are Kosher you just can't mix them with meat.

I would say do a sloppy joe type popper, a real saucy meaty seasoned one, then batter it and deep fry it in a beer or light batter. Like a sloppy joe... no cheese needed.

dang if that doesn't sound good boss...I may have to try that

Heh, yeah it does doesn't it. Little sour cream on top for you and me though. :)

Right here is some chaos and mayhem ya'll. 'Peno poppers stuffed with garlic, sundried toms, goat cheese, jack and cheddar and pequins. Cut them in half and filled each side, then put back together and then a rest in the freezer for an hour. Heated up the oil, then dredged the poppers in flour, eggwash and breadcrumbs. Got down brown with the mojo!

Poppers on the left...shrimps on the right...

IMG_1831.jpg

This is money!!

IMG_1834.jpg

Bring the chaos and mayhem ya'll!!

ooops! Bangladeshy shrimp nug crashin' teh partay....

IMG_1838.jpg

Boom shaka laka!

CRAP!!!

I can't see the photo from this Navy terminal!

I know it probably looks fantastic, TB, but I can't SEE!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!

paulky_2000 said:
CRAP!!!

I can't see the photo from this Navy terminal!

I know it probably looks fantastic, TB, but I can't SEE!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahahaha....surfing THP forums from the navy nukes launch panel screen. GOLD!

Click the red button to view. :)

Looking good TB.

TB how were they with that cheese? The reason I ask is those look like mozzarella sticks. You could do a hybrid mozzarella stick popper! A mopper!

hophead - poppers look great! talk about a close up pic of the poppers :cool:

TB - poppers & shrimp look great.

Omri said:

how about use turkey bacon instead of pork bacon - & turkey bacon isn't nasty.
I might get some grief for this but they make non-meat beef product, kinda looks & tastes like beef (veggie burgers)
you could also add some beef bouillon cubes during the cooking so it taste more like beef but dont know if the bouillon is kosher.

is it no dairy products or just cheese with any type of meat or just certain kinds of meat ?

Back