food Mmmmmm...poppers!

Gefilte fish poppers. Mystery solved :lol:

BLOCK: And that was the first cheesesteak?

Mr. OLIVIERI: That was the first, that was the first steak.

BLOCK: Right. There was no cheese yet.

Mr. OLIVIERI: No cheese yet. My father would not let me put cheese on the steaks because a lot of our people that came here will not eat cheese and meat at the same time because they're kosher. So we never did it and my father would not allow me to do it. So when he went away on vacation one time and I went out and I bought a pot and I put the pot on the grill and I put Cheez Whiz in it and I melted it. So after I made the steak, I would ladle the cheese onto the steak, therefore not putting it on the grill.

BLOCK: So that was your innovation?

Mr. OLIVIERI: That was my innovation.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5573992

thehotpepper.com said:
BLOCK: And that was the first cheesesteak?

Mr. OLIVIERI: That was the first, that was the first steak.

BLOCK: Right. There was no cheese yet.

Mr. OLIVIERI: No cheese yet. My father would not let me put cheese on the steaks because a lot of our people that came here will not eat cheese and meat at the same time because they're kosher. So we never did it and my father would not allow me to do it. So when he went away on vacation one time and I went out and I bought a pot and I put the pot on the grill and I put Cheez Whiz in it and I melted it. So after I made the steak, I would ladle the cheese onto the steak, therefore not putting it on the grill.

BLOCK: So that was your innovation?

Mr. OLIVIERI: That was my innovation.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5573992

Booooooooo! That's from the guys across the street from Geno's....the enemy.

I go down to Philly and just stand there in the middle of the street trying to decide which steak I want. I always end up buying one of each. Man I have seriously been missing out on a golden post whoring opportunity tonight!

Omri said:
Seafood is ain't Kosher and cheese can't go with meat (chicken is meat, fish isn't)

too many rules for you IMO :P
if fish & eggs are not meat. then are they a fruit,veg., grain, or dairy ? :lol:

Omri said:
I can use turkey bacon, just not with dairy.
chicken, beef, lamb, goat and whatever... all meat can't be eaten with dairy.

can you use butter with meat ? like sautee.
butter is a dairy product unless you get the chemical made stuff.

other than using the meaty flesh of fish I can only see finding some vegetable meat product or some kind of chemically made cheese product (if they make'em ?) & switch off between real meat or real cheese poppers.

Back