• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

food Mmmmmm...poppers!

Pepperfreak said:
Thanks Texan.

:lol: I'd love to mail you some, but I think they would be cold by the time they arrived.

Nah...cold poppers are like sex and pizza. When it's hot, it's great. When it's cold....it's still pretty good!

Pepperfreak said:
Thanks guys, I must say that I now wish I made more than just for. Those were soooooo good that I could have eaten a dozen. :lol: I have never had shrimp with bacon and I must say that this whole combination is giving me an idea for an omelet.

My last batch of poppers were with shrimp and bacon....it's heavenly!!! The photos are in here a few pages back I'd guess.

Omlettes are the perfect showcase for shrimp!

Mjdtexan said:
Dang it, I was going to offer to trade you some 18% abv (36 proof) Apple/Cinnamon wine that I bottled today

:scrambles to make a batch of poppers and get them in the mail to Texas:

Gimme some of that!

JayT said:
:scrambles to make a batch of poppers and get them in the mail to Texas:

Gimme some of that!

Actually this is a family tradition that started with my fathers grandfather in your state. Its an Italian thing. I am the first Redneck Italian in the family.

My descendants were poor Irish and English....spiralling into the oblivion in the rolling hills of Kentucky....

Which means:

I'm too drunk to brush my teeth or shoot that deer out of my bedroom window.....

paulky_2000 said:
My descendants were poor Irish and English....spiralling into the oblivion in the rolling hills of Kentucky....

Which means:

I'm too drunk to brush my teeth or shoot that deer out of my bedroom window.....

I am familiar with Kentucky's beauty. The only state more beautiful than Kentucky is Texas.

Mjdtexan said:
I am familiar with Kentucky's beauty. The only state more beautiful than Kentucky is Texas.

Yes...it's beautiful between here and the liquor store. :lol:

Seriously....I live 15 miles from Mammoth Cave N.P. It's awesome here!!

alright here's a quick basic one:

Jalapenos sauteed in Garlic Vinaigrette stuffed with Blue Cheese
Tex Mex Seasoning added
Topped with Orange Habanero concentrate and sour cream

DSCF2491.jpg

That sounds and looks pretty good. They really do have "Tex-Mex' seasoing huh? In Canada no less. I reckon I aught to feel proud.

Ballzworth said:
alright here's a quick basic one:

Jalapenos sauteed in Garlic Vinaigrette stuffed with Blue Cheese
Tex Mex Seasoning added
Topped with Orange Habanero concentrate and sour cream

DSCF2491.jpg

Bada-BING!!!

Instant dinner!!!

KUDOS!!!

Mjdtexan said:
That sounds and looks pretty good. They really do have "Tex-Mex' seasoing huh? In Canada no less. I reckon I aught to feel proud.

ha ha, yeah I didn't use too much (not enough I don't think). Tex Mex and Cajun seasoning are staples for me. Glad to get the thumbs up from a southerner, even though it may not be the real deal.

Ballzworth said:
ha ha, yeah I didn't use too much (not enough I don't think). Tex Mex and Cajun seasoning are staples for me. Glad to get the thumbs up from a southerner, even though it may not be the real deal.

Shoot. looks good enough to me.

Ballzworth said:

Texans are NOT southerners.....they're TEXANS!

However, the Kentucky boy gave you KUDOS....(not that I'm a southerner either...but a bit closer than Texas!)

*Disclaimer*--- I love Texas!!! :lol:

paulky_2000 said:
Texans are NOT southerners.....they're TEXANS!

However, the Kentucky boy gave you KUDOS....(not that I'm a southerner either...but a bit closer than Texas!)

LOL. To me anything south of Pennsylvania is a southerner. But thanks to all you "non-southerner" southererns! :lol:

Ballzworth said:
LOL. To me anything south of Pennsylvania is a southerner. But thanks to all you "non-southerner" southererns! :lol:

To me everybody born North of I-10 is a Yankee. I never ask a man where he is from, iffin he's from Texas, he'll let me know, iffin he aint, why embarrass him?

Texans were a part of the Confederate, We are Southeners, who is more Southern? Florida I suppose.

Mjdtexan said:
To me everybody born North of I-10 is a Yankee. I never ask a man where he is from, iffin he's from Texas, he'll let me know, iffin he aint, why embarrass him?

Texans were a part of the Confederate, We are Southeners, who is more Southern? Florida I suppose.

Perspective is everything...isn't it?

Back