food Mmmmmm...poppers!

Mjdtexan said:
Some first time observations.

I cut four of the jalapenos in half. I realized I didnt like that because it seemed like they wouldnt hold much. So I slit the next eleven down one side and removed the seeds and what I think yall are calling the placenta (the white stuff holding the seeds). I then washed them off and out and left them on the cooking sheet to dry. I washed my hands well. I came back after having a Makers Mark Iced Tea and picked one up to inspect the inside. After I put it down I stuck my finger in my mouth for a reason I dont yet know why. I noticed that my lip burned. How come? I thought I got rid of all the hot stuff.

So, I filled them with pulled pork, cheese and wrapped them in bacon and they are now in the fridge awaiting the their date with my 1947 Chambers stove.

I will photograph them before I stick them in the oven and after I take them out. My stove also has a griddle on top that you can also use to broil with. I may broil the four that I cut in half.

Peace, Love and all thats good-El Pirata Pepper

#1) Makers Mark....You're doing it RIGHT!! ;)

#2) The 'penos remain hot even after being cleaned out....just not so much

#3)When you get tired of your stove....I'll take it!

Can't wait for the photos!

Here are two shots of poppers before the hit the ole oven. By the way, does 350f sound alright? How long should they be in there?
16480_jan_1st_2010_my_first_pepper_poppers_001.jpg

16480_jan_1st_2010_my_first_pepper_poppers_002.jpg

paulky_2000 said:
By the way....

I want your stove!!

I paid $500 for that stove all ugly looking, all the handles and the top needed rechroming. It was nasty inside. It has a deep well that is insulated. I can turn the heat on and then turn the heat off and it will cook in that deep well for 4 or 5 more hours as long as I dont take the lid off of the deep well. It has a griddle on top that lifts up with a lever adn you can broil steaks under it. The oven is well insulated too and the oven has a big piece of cast iron in it to that gets hot and stays hot. All told, I probably spent $800 on it by the time I was done with it. I will never ever have to replace it though. I will let my kids fight over it when I go to be big watermelon wine patch in the sky

Mjdtexan said:
I paid $500 for that stove all ugly looking, all the handles and the top needed rechroming. It was nasty inside. It has a deep well that is insulated. I can turn the heat on and then turn the heat off and it will cook in that deep well for 4 or 5 more hours as long as I dont take the lid off of the deep well. It has a griddle on top that lifts up with a lever adn you can broil steaks under it. The oven is well insulated too and the oven has a big piece of cast iron in it to that gets hot and stays hot. All told, I probably spent $800 on it by the time I was done with it. I will never ever have to replace it though. I will let my kids fight over it when I go to be big watermelon wine patch in the sky

OR.....

You can just give it to me.

Problem SOLVED! :lol:

For my first poppers I feel like I did ok. The next time I am going to dip them in my Pineapple Habanero glaze that I put on my pork spare ribs. I didnt have any today. Almost no heat though. I cant wait to try habaneros. I will have to grow those first unless I spot some in the store.

16480_jan_1st_2010_my_first_pepper_poppers_004.jpg

16480_jan_1st_2010_my_first_pepper_poppers_003.jpg

Ya, Jalapenos really are great for popper but you need a hot variety and add extra heat in the stuffing. Looking great Tex

Nice job. I will second what Potawie said. If you want more heat, chop up some habs to add to the stuffing.

Sorry you guys had to wait... it's not that great looking anyways... :lol:

My giant NuMex types, 3 types of cheeses (chedder, gouda and smoked), salmon and a veggy stock based mushroom, onion and cream sauce:
48394752.jpg

Back