• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

Hey TB, I have confirmation from AJ, I will be receiving nagas next week and WE WILL HAVE NAGA POPPERS!!! Although AJ refuses to post pictures. I will not take credit for being the first to make/eat them as he tells me he has been doing it all summer. I can't wait though. I think I may do a variety of peppers. Pics of before/after cooking, and before/after eating will follow.

I still had everything I needed to make another batch except cream cheese and I was downtown anyway so I figured why the hell not:

3028449355_f05ce00f8d_o.jpg

3028449565_6a2f9f0ebc_o.jpg

3028449685_da2aff2943_o.jpg

Trick to crispy bacon is to finish them off under the broiler. I bake at 375 for 30-45 min by eye then hit the broiler hot til bacon crisps.

JayT said:
Hey TB, I have confirmation from AJ, I will be receiving nagas next week and WE WILL HAVE NAGA POPPERS!!! Although AJ refuses to post pictures. I will not take credit for being the first to make/eat them as he tells me he has been doing it all summer. I can't wait though. I think I may do a variety of peppers. Pics of before/after cooking, and before/after eating will follow.

If we can get AJ to take at least a pic and post it of him eating a Naga Popper...AJ in theory...well..no..he would be the new Naga Overlord as opposed to say the run of the mill Chilehead Overlord...what say ya'll?

Post a pic AJ and then we can crown you the king.
It's good to be king.

Cheers, TB.

It's ON NOW!!

Damn! The habs I got today were'nt quality enough for stuffing into poppers, but I did pickup a few nice Fresno's to go with the leftover ribeye steak and refried bean poppers I will be doing tonight. Hmmmm....wrapped in bacon or no bacon? F#xk it! Bacon!

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
It's ON NOW!!

Damn! The habs I got today were'nt quality enough for stuffing into poppers, but I did pickup a few nice Fresno's to go with the leftover ribeye steak and refried bean poppers I will be doing tonight. Hmmmm....wrapped in bacon or no bacon? F#xk it! Bacon!

Cheers, TB.

Of course bacon! Are you a vegan?;)

TCG - the poppers are looking mighty tasty, heck all poppers look great!!
its strange that you use sumac in your poppers, thats more for lemonades/tea. does sumac grow wild in texas ?

chilehunter said:
TCG - the poppers are looking mighty tasty, heck all poppers look great!!
its strange that you use sumac in your poppers, thats more for lemonades/tea. does sumac grow wild in texas ?

This probably isn't the same sumac you're thinking of. This one is native to middle east, click that link next to it in my first post and it goes to a site all about it. It's got a lemony flavor and goes good with like fish etc. It brightens up flavors the same way citrus does.

Tonight I made some poppers again. This time I filled the chinense pods with feta, rice, a bit of garlic, a pinch of pepper and salt, and some chopped salami. I wrapped them with Maasdam's cheese and smoked bacon. This time I baked them in the oven. Then my wife showed up in the kitchen because of the awesome smell and told me she wanted to try one. And to my surprise she liked it! And she had the heat tolerance to endure it.

Back