• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

I figured tonight would be good to join into the Pepper Popper gang so I done up some red jalapenoes deseeded and ribbed, cooked up some ground beef and added in some of my dry rub. I decided to try my own take on the cheeseburger popped so I added some sharp cheddar cheese to the tops. Should be coming out of the oven momentarily.

DSC00682.jpg

DSC00684.jpg

+10 for the red jalapenos! I like my meat to cheese ratio to be a bit more the other way though. I'd still scarf 'em.

I wanted to do a bacon/cheese wrap but I was out of bacon :shocked:
After the bacon/cheese i'm going to try a rice and bean mix to see how that works out.

My three plants this year seem producing alot of jalapenoes, so i'm overwintering them for next year and transferring to 7 gallon pots. Bring on the red jalapenoes.

Thanksgiving Day Poppers:

Jalapenos stuffed with smoked pepperjack cheese then wrapped in bacon, and sprinkled with my spicy all purpose rub.

100_9822.jpg

100_9823.jpg

100_9826.jpg

Lookin' good, but something is missing. MORE CHEESE! Finally a little of RedTailForester's Strawberry Scorpion Sting sauce and we are ready to rock and roll!

100_9827.jpg

100_9828.jpg

100_9830.jpg

100_9832.jpg

Oh My Holy Popper Goodness Batman!!!! That'd turn a turkey green with envy!

Did you smoke the cheez yourself? I've not had smoked pepper jack before, but it sounds so right!

I wonder how a person smokes cheez?

You do make the prettiest bundles of popper heaven JayT!!!! :)

Oh My Holy Popper Goodness Batman!!!! That'd turn a turkey green with envy!

Did you smoke the cheez yourself? I've not had smoked pepper jack before, but it sounds so right!

I wonder how a person smokes cheez?

You do make the prettiest bundles of popper heaven JayT!!!! :)

No I didn't smoke the cheese. It is cold smoked I am sure. Thank you.

How did the Strawberry Scorpion Sting taste with the poppers? That is the only difficulty I find with fruit based sauces is they can have limitations in their usage. Glad you are enjoying my spicy goodies!!!

How did the Strawberry Scorpion Sting taste with the poppers? That is the only difficulty I find with fruit based sauces is they can have limitations in their usage. Glad you are enjoying my spicy goodies!!!

I got the heat from it, but the taste was overpowered by all that cheese. I had some on some cold cut up pieces of cheese and it is very good. The heat is sneaky.

SoFlo Thanksgiving Leftover Popper Extravaganza

So, we had a bunch of cornbread casserole left.
It was really good. Soft with nice crumb and pieces of real corn. A little bit of sweetness and a whole lot of love.

So we decided it would make perfect poppers.

Mixed the leftover casserole with mild cheddar (1 part casserole to 2 parts cheese)

Stuffed that into some hollowed out 'penos.

Wrapped in bacon.

Drank some beers and bourbon.

Baked it in the blackest of skillets (I need to name mine)

Some of the best we've ever made!!!

Here are the ingredients
IMGP2298.jpg

Wrapped, but raw
IMGP2299.jpg

In yo' face!!
IMGP2300.jpg

Boom!
IMGP2301.jpg

Wrap that around your bagpipe!!

Good Times
FD

LOL MAGIC JOHNSON!!!!!!!

Wow.

I might just have to roll with that!!!

TB has Black Betty.
I guess I could have a Magic Johnson.

hmmm. Still time to ponder.

I keep reflecting on those poppers.

Sweet cornbread-jalapenos-bacon-cheddar cheese

Is there a better flavor combination, other than buffalo wings and beer?

I think not.

I owe it all to the blacknesss of my skillet.

img000076a.jpg

5 minute scotch bonnet poppers. I just cut 2 of em in half, kept the placentas there, and stuffed em with Mexican Oaxaca string cheese and veggie cream cheese. Then I baked em for about 3 minutes. I woulda made more, but those were my last fresh pods. :(

Back