• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

great offering, REG, I'll bet those were rocket-hot...

But...Veggie Cream Cheese??????

Is that why you took the pictures in the dark???

:)

Surf and Turf Poppers!
st1-1.jpg
[/img]
st2-1.jpg
st3.jpg
st4.jpg
st5.jpg

6 Orange Habaneros cut in half, New York Extra Sharp White Cheddar Cheese, Hamburger Mix ( burger, 1 diced habanero, minced garlic, seasoned bread crumbles, egg, water, salt and pepper), fresh caught boiled shrimp, cheese, more cheese, and a dash of Busha Browne's Pukka Sauce.

Forgive me if pictures are obligatory. I made poppers by coring cherry peppers. Then deseeding the placenta and mixing it with bacon and cheese. Next I filled the peppers with the mix and... stuffed pickled perilla leaves around the edges like I was tucking in a sheet with a chopstick. All you see is the pepper and at the very top the leaf. Inside is the mix. I put it in a convection oven ~350 and let it cook. the leaf keeps most of the stuffing in and the leaf gets a little crispy.

Voila'

And here are the pictures:
stuffed cherry pepper. Sorry they are green my wife won't let them ripen. My hands are dirty from the previous poppers.
IMG_0607.jpg

Now cover with the pickled perilla leaf
IMG_0608.jpg

and stuff around the edges. Ignore the feet. I am from the Ozarks never got used to those dern "shoes"
IMG_0611.jpg

voila
IMG_0610.jpg

and another one:
IMG_0609.jpg

Cool! Magic tricks with poppers. Now we just need to see a finished pic with one cut open, for the official win.

2012-01-08_09-34-31_575.jpg

2012-01-08_10-10-08_930.jpg

2012-01-08_10-09-42_963.jpg

2012-01-08_10-36-27_919.jpg

2012-01-08_16-46-11_666.jpg

2012-01-08_16-54-37_329.jpg

Excuse the pics. My first ever attempt at poppers. It shows I know but I will make JayT and Texasblues proud in my next try. Is the cheese ratio to your liking JT?
Anyway the ingredients were left over bulgogi,red rice,and pepper jack cheese. This very thread inspired me to purchase my own black Betty CI. I haven't named her yet but this was her maiden voyage.

Nice job.....well presented.....and just enough ingredients to have more than one or add to an appetizer platter to share with some other bites

Fresh homemade's the best...

Greg

Excuse the pics. My first ever attempt at poppers. It shows I know but I will make JayT and Texasblues proud in my next try. Is the cheese ratio to your liking JT?
Anyway the ingredients were left over bulgogi,red rice,and pepper jack cheese. This very thread inspired me to purchase my own black Betty CI. I haven't named her yet but this was her maiden voyage.

Absolutely gorgeous. I can almost feel the arteries hardening. Just the way I like it!

FROSTY AND P0S!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!

Those both look awesome!!

P0, what's the meat in there? Looks like BBQ pork! You made an awesome classic popper!! Great job. I'll bet they were great!

Frosty, congrats on the CI purchase! You have a new best friend. Treat it right and you will never use another pan!
(You can even make deep dish pizza in it!). Keep us posted! BTW, those poppers looked awesome and unique!

I'd pay big money for a bite of either one of those!

FROSTY AND P0S!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!!

Those both look awesome!!

P0, what's the meat in there? Looks like BBQ pork! You made an awesome classic popper!! Great job. I'll bet they were great!

Frosty, congrats on the CI purchase! You have a new best friend. Treat it right and you will never use another pan!
(You can even make deep dish pizza in it!). Keep us posted! BTW, those poppers looked awesome and unique!

I'd pay big money for a bite of either one of those!

FD it was bulgogi beef. Korean style marinade my girlfriend does. And the red rice is white rice with juice from some kind of seed from guam. Her family is from there. They call it red rice or blood rice. Their food is ridiculous. Very spoiled I am.I am about as good of a cook as I am a grower. making an effort to get better at both.

Back