• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

I don't like poppers.....or at least they way most people make them. Wrap raw chiles with raw bacon and by the time the bacon is cooked the chiles are mush.
Solution- Par-bake!

very quick play-by-play-
microwave minced onions until soft, add garlic if desired.
Mix cooked onions with cream cheese, black pepper, additional chile pepper powder if desired
Par-bake (half-cook) bacon strips
cut chiles, clean out seeds yadayadayada (this is the poppers thread! You should know how to do this...)
Stuff with cream cheese, bacon wrap and bake just enough to finish cooking the bacon.

The cheese mix will be soft and bubbly, the chile will still be firm and crispy, and the bacon will be done.

No soft slimy peppers.....

EDIT-

triple post-

What the....?!?!???

grantmichaels said:
Somehow ... I've not made poppers yet ...

I have 3-4 different types of single j. peno's this year, too, so it's inevitable ...
you have a diffrent utensil for ever type of food and you have never made poppers?     get your shit together!!!!! 

Several weeks ago I bought a stainless steel pepper rack that has two sizes of holes, and it works great!
We're stuffing them with a 50/50 mix of cream cheese and sharp cheddar, some cooked bacon (chopped small), and a little garlic powder (to taste), then cook them on the grill for 10-15 minutes.
All of a sudden 4 jalapeno plants just aren't enough! 

9213154477_c76db252c6.jpg

I looked at the exact same tray on Amazon. I'd love to see you allow the jals to get red now that you have this contraption for the grill. My guess is near impossible!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I looked at the exact same tray on Amazon. I'd love to see you allow the jals to get red now that you have this contraption for the grill. My guess is near impossible!

Ha! That's the truth.
I've had to buy some orange habs from the grocery store to help supplement (mine got started late and the fruit isn't big enough yet).

Dang Sic those look pudo Chingon!

I can almost taste the crunch from the bread crumbs and my mouth is watering at that peach mango rum sauce.

Got a recipe for that?

Your fans need to know!

How can this thread lie dormant for three months?  This is awful.  Well, here is a meager attempt at resuscitation.

\Ripe jalapenos, stuffed with gouda cheese,wrapped in bacon, and sprinkled with Jamaican Jerk seasoning.  Extra bacon is for DTS.

100_0386.JPG

100_0387.JPG

100_0388.JPG

Chingonalicious Jay.

Love the look of the little pink floyd sticking out from teh baconz.

Kinky.

You coulda' crisped up that bacon just a bit more but its all cool and the gang.

They still look very mouthfistable.

Back