• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

I made some poppers for Christmas eve. I made some mild ones with sweet peppers and a few hotties with orange chinenses. For the stuffing I used mixed mince with porc and beef, onions, Feta cheese, garlic and some pepperoni powder. And this time I reached the limits of my heat tolerance. Maybe it was a thing of my daily condition or the chinennses were extra hot (I saved the seeds) or I shouldn't have added the pepperoni powder to the stuffing. I will try it again.
ChristmasPoppers.jpg

What is the difference between chili poppers and chiles rellenos? Is it just a matter of language or is there a difference in principle?

i made some poppers last night using rocotos stuffed with a soft cheese with finely chopped onion and some garlic and some smoked ham topped with ground black pepper and mature cheddar cheese.
And oven cooked for 20mins
Would have taken pics but finished them before i thought about it!
Damn tastey

Armadillo said:
I made some poppers for Christmas eve. I made some mild ones with sweet peppers and a few hotties with orange chinenses. For the stuffing I used mixed mince with porc and beef, onions, Feta cheese, garlic and some pepperoni powder. And this time I reached the limits of my heat tolerance. Maybe it was a thing of my daily condition or the chinennses were extra hot (I saved the seeds) or I shouldn't have added the pepperoni powder to the stuffing. I will try it again.
ChristmasPoppers.jpg

Beautiful. Just beautiful. Those 'thangs bring a tear to my eye.

Cheers, TB.

Armadillo said:
What is the difference between chili poppers and chiles rellenos? Is it just a matter of language or is there a difference in principle?

Semantics really. Rellenos is a general term usually associated with a pepper such as anaheim or other similar and can either be fried or baked. More or less its still a popper of a different kind. We Americans have this notion that poppers are the breaded deep fried funky things found at Costco at a chain restaurant stuffed with cream cheese or cheddar and not hot at all. Poppers I think, can be whatever we want to stuff them with and whatever method of cooking we deem appropos. No matter...make them and people love 'em loooooong time.

Cheers, TB.

I don't think I can top Dillo's latest popper pics but here is last nights Christmas eve fare. I small diced yellow onion and red bell, added 5 cloves of fresh minced garlic, green onion, 25 pequins (not shown in the pic) 2 tablespoons mayo, shredded cheddar, shrimp and fresh lime juice. Salt and pepper to taste.

Here's the evidence...
0143.jpg

Stuffed.
0144.jpg

Finally!
0146.jpg

There is no end to popper goodness!

Cheers ya'll, TB.

everybodys poppers in this thread look really good, but I must say TB you are the "popper king" your poppers always look top notch & damn tasty in the pics.

chilehunter said:
everybodys poppers in this thread look really good, but I must say TB you are the "popper king" your poppers always look top notch & damn tasty in the pics.

Much obliged CH, but I'm no king. Some here on THP are famous like Passow. Some are legendary like The Creator. Me? I'm simply notorious.

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
Much obliged CH, but I'm no king. Some here on THP are famous like Passow. Some are legendary like The Creator. Me? I'm simply notorious.

Cheers, TB.

IGG has the pizza, defcon has the wings, you have the poppers.
if we had the jetsons technology, I would of pressed the screen several times & ordered your poppers :lol:

even though they're jalapenos :P

Today I used the rest of the stuffing with the rest of the mild peppers. So these poppers were extremely mild. About 5-10 Scoville... But TASTY!
MildPoppers.jpg

texas blues said:
ahhhh proscuitto! Beautiful poppers Dillo.

Ciao, TB.

I am so honored, oh godfather!

My wife ordered poppers for new year's eve. So I will do my part to keep this thread going.
Who else will do that? Is this a two men show? We should make them an offer they can't refuse.

I just thought about some burritos as a side dish for new year's eve...

102_1071.jpg

Here's today's poppers. Jalapenos and red habs stuffed with a mix of venison, pork, onion, serrano, habanero, Monteray Jack cheese, spices, and some extra cheddar on top.

Sorry for the glare. Damn foil.

I am touched ...oh ye keepers of the flame!

JayT..dontcha' just love peeling off the melted cheezy goodness off the foil as it cools? Love it!

Cheers, TB.

A few minutes ago I took those leftover christmas habanero poppers out of the fridge. I have had probs with them on xmas as I told you. It must have been a thing of daily condition cos now the heat is okay. I eat them cold now. And the melted cheese with a lot of cap is the best about it.

Back