• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

hopefully there are still some hatch left at my market tomorrow.  we will be maiking jalo and hatch poppers on tuesday.  the hatch will also be great chopped up into stuffed mushrooms.

These poppers are hitting all 3 corners of the boot......sweet, savory and spicy...........via Italy

Ingredients: Sundried Tomatoes, Pancetta, Speck, Parmigiano Reggiano, Shallot, Calabria 9 Peppers, Barese Italian Sausage, Erba Cipollina Peperoncino (sheeps milk cheese with chives and peppers), Pine Nuts, Jalapenos, Mascarpone Chese, Creme Fraiche.

Pancetta was diced and browned with the crumbled Sausage. Meats were removed and drained, pan wiped dry, meat returned with diced Shallot and slivered Calabria Peppers. Pan was brought to medium...working the mixture until dry (5 min)

Fine grind Pine Nuts in a food processor. Add container of Mascarpone Cheese, 1/4c of Creme Fraiche, 1/4c grated Parm....whip until mixed.

Cooled down meat mixture was added to the bowl along with the Cheese/Pine Nut mix ,  1.5c of shredded Erba Cheese,  chopped Sun Dryed Tomatoes and handful of Capers. mix well and set aside.

Jalapenos were topped (sliced above stem)..and steamed in a colander over a pot of water. If the meat was raw, I would have left the jalps uncooked and put a weep hole underneath each with a skewer,knife or tooth pick. A resturant steam cabinet works out ideal..especially for larger bell type peppers.....but some of you may choose to use the microwave........ :D

Poppers were stuffed with mix and wrapped with a slice of Speck....racked over sheet pan and will be placed into a 350 oven until bubbly / crisp......a rock glass filled with Rum...worth of time..... :lol:

Plating shot......look fast cause they didn't last !

Not your typical popper..........these are always pretty amazing!

Shallots? Capers? Marscapone? Speck?

That shit is outta' control!

And just might be the best poppers posted that I've seen in this thread since it began.

Those are magic poppers.

Have mercy.

SavinaRed said:
PIC 1 those are off the hook. Makes me want to try and cook a batch of them myself.

Give those a whirl.....most ingredients are readily available. The Barese Sausage is locally available here, but a traditional style Italian grade will workout just fine.
frydad4 said:
Holy Shit!!!!

Boss, end this thread here, and start a new one!!!!!!

Damn pic! Perfection!

:rofl:
PepTalk said:
Are you F'n kidding me, thats F'n Genius!   I gotta make a variation of these...with Capers!

Capers are the mini bombs.....add the Sun Dryed Tomatoes to balance the flav

texas blues said:
Shallots? Capers? Marscapone? Speck?

That shit is outta' control!

And just might be the best poppers posted that I've seen in this thread since it began.

Those are magic poppers.

Have mercy.

:cool: .................thanks !

Been havin poppers more and more lately. The seafood poppers is the craze. Everyone is doing it.

Ingredients:

Cream cheese
Monterey Jack
Cumin
Ancho Chili powder
Chocolate hab powder
Onion
Shrimp
Krab
Jalapenos
Mushrooms

20140824_161009.jpg

20140824_161211.jpg

20140824_161339.jpg

20140824_165607.jpg

Annnnnnnnnnd done....
20140824_165419.jpg

20140824_172207.jpg

20140824_172503.jpg

Oh, and the bacon ones, they're all mine :twisted:

*EDIT* not quite sure whats up with the orientation on the pics  :confused:  sorry bout that

LOL! Great times!!!!

Slap a little panko on top of those shroom ones next time. That's how we make cheat fried shrooms!!!

Krab!!!! haha

Dang HTH.

That is one hot blue and righteous pu pu platter.

Poppers and stuffed shroom's, 'specially crab stuffed, are a great combo.

All ya' need is some Busch Light (official SoFlo hosky).

frydad4 said:

Slap a little panko on top of those shroom ones next time. That's how we make cheat fried shrooms!!!

Yeah, you can't see it but there is actually panko crumbs, however they didn't brown up. Not sure what the deal is with that.

sicman said:
nice looking shroom and poppers. i feel like ive ate alot of them in the past.

For real. We were always doing poppers just regular cheese sort of mixture till we had the seafood ones at your house. Its the way to go. By far the best way I've had them.

texas blues said:
All ya' need is some Busch Light (official SoFlo hosky).

No Busch, but some pabts were consumed. It's the new cheapy craze kids are doin these days.

Oh and btw, the bacon wrapped ones were ridiculously good. Something about bacon and hot krab that goes soooooooo well.

Back