• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Mmmmmm...poppers!

Hey ya'll once again from the big dry ditch in Las Vegas. I was going to grill today but ahhh...a little too hot once again. Maybe tomorrow will be more appropos. My gal had bought some very nice ground beef to make some sliders but she changed her mind as usual and opted instead for spinach/cheese ravioli with garlic cream sauce instead. Of course I was enlisted to do the cooking. So what to do with the ground beef? I have peppers. I have cheese. Duh..como se dice en espanol....poppers!!
Ground beef, japs, 4 cheese Mexi mix, shallots, Lawry's and fresh ground pepper. Here tis. Notice the melon ball tool I use to deseed. Works perfect.
0020.jpg

The mix.
0021.jpg

Stuffed.
0022.jpg

0029.jpg

Have a great holiday ya'll....and cheers!!! Texas Bluesman

texas blues said:
Chingonalicious Jay. You coulda' crisped up that bacon just a bit more but its all cool and the gang.
Everyone's a critic.

I will take a dozen please. However you wanna serve them is perfect for me. BOOOOOM.

When I make them myself, I will attempt your level of perfection. Nuf said.

I happen to like my bacon just like that.  Cooked, but not crunky. They were perfect for me.  As for the ripe jalapenos, I have no idea.  I think they come from Mexico.  I saw some ones that were starting to ripen and grabbed them all!  I left them sit out for a few days until they were all ripe.

Orange Rocoto poppers for the game.  Stuffed with combination Monterey Jack, Fresco, a little Cream Cheese, Bacon, and Smoked Chocolate Bhut Powder - all cooked/melted in tequila.  Just waiting for it to get a bit closer to game time to put in the oven.  Will post final pictures later.

The peppers:
P1040542.JPG

The stuffing:
P1040544.JPG

Waiting for the oven:
P1040545.JPG

Kickin' it old school y'all.

Stuffed with refried beans, shredded jack & cheddar, sour cream, and sriracha.

In n out of teh oven for about 20 @350f.

The goodnessessess.

In Texas we like ranch.

We put that sheeit on ever thang.

These were dern' goodern' hell y'all.

I ate all but 4 which is a lot of food for me.

Perfect colon spackle remover.

Bringin' back the old skool AJ popper thingaderra with style.  Well done compadre'  I would love to pound down a dozen of them with the Texas sauce.  That is my new name for ranch.  I happen to love ranch too.  Here in Yankeeland we have something called pub fries which are twice fried fresh cut fries that are seasoned with a salt, black pepper, and garlic blend, then  topped with shredded cheddar cheese and bacon, and baked for a couple minutes to melt the cheese before topping with green onions and served with ranch.  Heaven on a plate.  I might have to make a batch and post somewhere.

JayT said:
Bringin' back the old skool AJ popper thingaderra with style.  Well done compadre'  I would love to pound down a dozen of them with the Texas sauce.  That is my new name for ranch.  I happen to love ranch too.  Here in Yankeeland we have something called pub fries which are twice fried fresh cut fries that are seasoned with a salt, black pepper, and garlic blend, then  topped with shredded cheddar cheese and bacon, and baked for a couple minutes to melt the cheese before topping with green onions and served with ranch.  Heaven on a plate.  I might have to make a batch and post somewhere.

In Texas we call that Irish Nacho's.

Chingon!

Nice!

What did you stuff em with, and did the goods stay in the peppers for the most part?

Seems like a lot would leak out cooked like that (depending on the stuffing).

Geez Louise Boom!

Those be some killer looking ABT style poppers.

Lovin' the color on the bacon.

Don't tell anyone I said it but I'd chew the hell out of those little bacon bastards!

Well TB looks like you own the rights to all the great texas foods threads except that foo foo one that starts with a p. I wont attempt to act like I know how to spell it. Anywho poppers are another one of my favorites and it just so happens I have about 10 jalapeños and a couple Anaheim peppers in the fridge. Maybe tomorrow. The wife is whippin up some foo foo right now.

thirdcoasttx said:
Well TB looks like you own the rights to all the great texas foods threads except that foo foo one that starts with a p. I wont attempt to act like I know how to spell it. Anywho poppers are another one of my favorites and it just so happens I have about 10 jalapeños and a couple Anaheim peppers in the fridge. Maybe tomorrow. The wife is whippin up some foo foo right now.

I just start the threads.

Y'all are what makem' awesome.

Please do post your wife's awesome foo foo.

Back