• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

MoA Jamaican scotch bonnets....

so...as a few of you know that when i came on here.. one of my mission was to be able to acquire some pods and or seeds of JAMAICAN SCOTCH BONNETs.... others came along to help me with seeds (smokemaster, midwestchilihead, jamison and GreenTea) but i had a hard time growing them due to various reasons.it was my first grow..

so anyways.. along came a guy name Steve954 who introduced us to the MoA (ministry of agriculture) Jamaican scotch bonnets...

again i am truly humbled and glad i am able to grow this pepper

got a couple germing in jiffy pucks.. and a couple in my aerogarden....
A8C9E3BC-3294-470E-8F73-B5DBE99692B2-2331-00000120D12149FF_zps98c86893.jpg

please feel free to post comment.. especially those who was honored to get these seeds....

and without further a do!!.. let us start a progress chart on this MoA Scotch bonnet pepper!!

Jamison looks like the green onions came from you garden.  Do you have the egyptian walking onion? I do.  I have green onions all year long. 

roper2008 said:
Jamison looks like the green onions came from you garden.  Do you have the egyptian walking onion? I do.  I have green onions all year long.
They sure did! Not quite sure what kind they are tho. They're tasty and fresh tho!

Sounds good.  I actually have one started now and hoping it survives indors this winter. It's only a couple inches tall at the moment

My MoA seelings have 8 leaves each and are having some yellowing issues on the top leaves.  I am pretty certain this is too much water and I will have to adjust my watering habits.  

I am going with a low low low low diluted massively fert when I water.  Don't think its too much fert.  Temps are always over 80 and they get plenty of light.  Cutting back on water to see if that straightens em out.

Will put up pics tomorrow.

What's the potting medium?  It's not usual, but I guess it could be that your ferts are too dilute.  (I'm traveling and won't be able to follow this 'til later, but that's my 2 cents worth.)

Browning said:
how's the taste and heat on them?

Taste - The MoA Scotch Bonnet Chili has a sweet pungent aroma and unique flavor. Once cut open there is a rich and intense aroma, pleasing to my senses. I detect a slightly sweet but definitively gingery citrus-like tang followed by a hint of smoky robust flavor. Somewhat fruity but towards the citrus side of fruit with a full-bodied mouth-watering taste. If you want to read more, I wrote a review in my glog, Click Here to read more.

Heat - my best guess would be somewhere between 200,000 to 250,000 Scoville Heat Units.

Here’s a few pictures taken this morning from a pull

Sawyer said:
What's the potting medium?  It's not usual, but I guess it could be that your ferts are too dilute.  (I'm traveling and won't be able to follow this 'til later, but that's my 2 cents worth.)

Jiff seed starting mix.  They are pretty dry right now, but the wetness could have already had this effect before and then the pots dried out.  Will keep an eye on em.  

No fan yet, but I will be clicking the ceiling fan in the grow room on.

Back