• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Monster Congo Trinidad

Found this baby being sneaky and hanging under the leaves on the far side of the plant. The egg is an extra large. It weighed in at just under 17 grams.

IMG_6801cre.jpg

Nice and juicy on the inside too. You can see where another pod was forming.

IMG_6805re.jpg

I definitely saved the seeds from this boy. I will have some extra if anyone is interested. Send a PM.

This was the largest one on the plant but all of them were bigger than your average habanero. One of my favorites too.

Nice Patrick! I'm lovin me some Congo Trini's right now. For some reason they're comin' out the hottest of anything I'm growin this year. And have been doin a number on me innards too! Nice pod!

Pigeon Egg ?? Just joking patrick ...... nice pod for sure. My Congos were nice sized but not near that big !! My Golden Habaneros have had the largest pods but still littler than that sucker.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

That's a lovely pod!

I'm surprised the NH is still putting pods out at this time of year, particularly that high on the continent. Great to see the spoils of war! :-)

patrick said:
Found this baby being sneaky and hanging under the leaves on the far side of the plant. The egg is an extra large. It weighed in at just under 17 grams.

IMG_6801cre.jpg
WOW! I can't believe that egg was just hanging there! Do you know who put it on your plant? Thanks for putting the Habanero in there for the size referance!

imaguitargod said:
WOW! I can't believe that egg was just hanging there! Do you know who put it on your plant? Thanks for putting the Habanero in there for the size referance!

Jon, You're a nut:P

RJC said:
Patrick bro,

You still growing some plants inside this Fall?

Hey RJ,

Brought three plants in to see what I can do. One 7 pot BS, one B. jolokia and a previously overwintered Red Savina. The savina had hundreds and hundreds of pods and flowers on it. Most of the flowers are falling off but the peppers continue to grow, even have one turning red on me. Couple of small B. jolokia pods are growing too.

Less than three months to seed planting time.:)

Back