• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My 2008 plants + growing setup

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
How exciting finding your plants in such great shape when you got back. Did your mate fall in love with your pepper plants and want some of his own?

I think he's pretty happy with not having to carry all the responsibility on his shoulders alone anymore! He thinks it's fun and a great thing to do, but prefers to take care of the plants over raising them. I told I'd be fine with placing another bunch in his garden next year and he said he'd like that a lot.

millworkman said:
Good looking plants chiliac. Bet you cannot wait to taste them.

I couldn't help but try some immediately! :) I am putting the finishing touches to some pasta sauce right now.

Chiliac said:
I knew I forgot something important!!! :)

California Wonder
7Pot
Red Savina
Fatalii Yellow
Joe's Long
Prik Man Dam
Yellow Scotch Bonnet
Habanero White Bullet
Trinidad Scorpion
Douglah
Nipples
Congo
Turbo Pube
Kii Nun Kao
Feher
Orange Rocoto
Cherry Bomb F1
Pimenta Cambuci
Bhali Sikh Alli
Peter Pepper Red
Naga Morich
Bhut Jolokia
Dae Luang
PI 446900
Habanero Brown
Habanero Orange
Yalova Yagli
Nepali Orange
Purple Tiger
Black Namaqualand
Champion
Stripe
Aji White Wax
PI315027
Dedo de Moca
Jalapeno
Rocoto wurzelförmig
Rocoto Aji Largo
Hungarian Black
Israel Red
Aurora
Dutch Red
Dutch Yellow
Habanero Red
Habanero Yellow
Bird's Eye
Pimiento Padron

A few varieties I have just received, but couldn't resist growing have not germinated yet. Everything else looks very much like what you see on the pics!

Great list of variety also great images of your plant Chiliac:P

Thanks 915river!!!

My mate - who was looking after my plants during my absence (mentioned above) - has asked me to say hello to each and everyone of you on the forum. I think he got infected by the chili-growing-virus!!! :)

C'mon, tell him he did a good job and he might be with us rather sooner than later! ;)

hi guys,
here's chiliacs babysiter. Thx for your compliments. And sure i'll hope to get the whole harvest for my own;)

@alabama jack: chiliac told me 'bout your former posts and i think we're on the same aggression level;) but germany isn't as tolerant as the states of a...but I hope that'll come better times for self defence;)

all the best and good growing for plants...

Hotter than hell

I guess I need to say thanks for a great job done while I was away: Thanks! (...but you already know I AM appreciating your efforts).

It's great to have you with us! :)

Thx to Quadshotz for pushing Hth!

push;)

gardening isn't really my cup of tea, but chili plants are really modest(? hope its correct)

but i don't understand them^^ some days the leaves are hanging down in sun or rain and they look a little bit depressive;)
and suddenly a couple of hours later they're in top- condition.

it's awesome how quick the chilis are growing. i think, that our first big harvest is coming next days. now we got enough sun here in germany and i think i can watch them growing, while standing beside them!

Hotter than hell

Hotter than hell said:
hi guys,
here's chiliacs babysiter. Thx for your compliments. And sure i'll hope to get the whole harvest for my own;)

@alabama jack: chiliac told me 'bout your former posts and i think we're on the same aggression level;) but germany isn't as tolerant as the states of a...but I hope that'll come better times for self defence;)

all the best and good growing for plants...

Hotter than hell

Great job man take care those awesome plants enjoy gardening!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

thx river,

i'm on the way to become an chiliac too;)

i'm expecting my first cheddar filled jalapenos and a bunch of pimentos padron (spanish mild ones) with sea salt.

think tomorrow i'll make some spanish mojo sauce and hope i'll take the right ones of chili, 'cause my last attempt was nearly as hot as hell and burned twice and third and fourth;)

(sry 'bout editing so often, but my written english isn't very well)

I have grown them in a mate's garden and have recently moved it to my own I just bought not too long ago (you may have seen the threads). I have about 70 plants there and 20 at home, most of the latter under lights.

Chiliac,

The photo's of the Aurora & Bird's eye are top quality shots.

Makes me want to get down on my knees and thank the chilli gods for my existance. :pray: :hell:

moyboy: thanks, glad you like them!

hotpeppa: no, what makes you think so? Sometimes I adjust the light a little or sth like that, but that pic was okay the way it was - no cheating! :)

Back