food My Badass Burrito!

Tb I like that bean/cabbage combo too. It gives a burrito a nice crunch. BTW I now have a black eye and broken nose for trying to stick my face into the computer screen trying to eat that burrito!

Much obliged Nate.

I was tempted to swaller it whole.

Anaconda style.

But I thought better of it.

Crawling on my belly like a reptile gets missylou all excited n' sheeit.

Hey y'all.

Had to make a batch of guac.

Garlic, lime juice, avo's, crushed pineapple, and some hab sauce of unknown origin as the label fell off some time ago. 

I've forgotten what it was but I suspect it was Texas Tears of Joy Hab.

Good grindage but I left it a tad chunky munkey.

Used up the last of mrs. blues ground beef with garlic, onion, black olive, and chile powder from parts unknow'd.

Y'all know how I get my bigass 'thang on.

No foo foo needed.

A basic bigass burrito with only meat, scheeze, beans, 'peno's, and guac but have mercy!

I reckon with this burrito I am about done with consuming dead bovine flesh for a good long while.

Next time it'll be a bigass shrimp or fish burrito.

Wait.

Epiphany!

Alaskan king crab!

That would be a bigass EXPENSIVE Alaskan king crab burrito!

Less talky, more posty....

14228702960_91a3f44930_h.jpg

Oops! Forgot the sour cream!

14228702450_ca40d57c57_h.jpg

14411933941_d0130c4202_h.jpg

TB DAMN!!!! Nice job!! Love the crispin of the outside! makes it nice and easy to hold!

Buzz WOW! Somebody turned your burrito inside-out!! Looks awesome!

frydad4 said:
Buzz WOW! Somebody turned your burrito inside-out!! Looks awesome!

cypresshill1973 said:
BZZ:  That thing I can not make out to be. But I would eat two!!! It looks very tasty meat with chili seems

refried beans and cheese in a flour tortilla, topped with chili, cheese, homemade salsa, sour cream, onions, and homegrown jalapenos....
with guac on the side

Initially I wanted to do this with 1/2 beef and pork I had from the burger throwdown.
All went fine until I discovered I only have 8 inch tortilla. Everything goes wrong when you actually have to wrap it.

So I've redone it with freshly bought 10inch tortilla.

Meat: beef/pork, sautéed minced onion, garlic (6 cloves or so) minced, annuum flakes + last season's hab powder.

bur1.jpg

bur2.jpg

For the burrito: meat, stewed red beans, yellow rice, freshly chopped onion slices, yellow tomatoes, grated Comté cheese.

bur3.jpg

bur4.jpg

bur5.jpg

Chris that BAB looks super chingon!

Lovin' the peas all up in they 'thang too.

I can almost taste that uhm...what you hashtagged?

"bigasanewborn"

with HBD's Cauterizer.

Dang goodern' hell stuff!

Nice.

I didna' know'd they was pigeon peas but I reckon as a legume they are still a pea.

And to be sure, I bet your pic is the first of its kine' to be posted on THP with pigeon peas.

All I know is that bigass burrito of yorn' kicks ass.

Oh and BTW Lucilanga....

Hell yeah monsieur! 

I'd like to know what's in that burrito but I don't read hipster.

Awesome stuff indeed here. Made me want to build a bigass too.
Ingredients:
ibfjWXEShikIeR.jpg

Missing tomato and evo.
That amulet are my last peppers. Gladly i have new pods, just waiting fot them to ripe.
Then: lard, wheat, cumin, bp, salt, asiago, galbanino, beans, bacon, onion, my onion, turmeric, rice, sweet yellow pepper, garlic, sage, rosemary.

Onion from garden:
ikFDMLFJIxacx.jpg

Some wasp/hornet (i don't even know the name in italian of this) on garlic flowers:
iZ8UzXAASHqbN.jpg

So, cut and cooked bacon with evo, onions, an head of garlic, salt, bp, sage, rosemary, some dried pods, cumin, turmeric, beans.
Boiled rice for 6-7 mins, then strained and cooked with a bit of evo.

iHaTYtYfU7pmE.jpg

Piadina made with 300g flour, 60g water, 60g sauvignon, some lard (i suppose around 20g), a tsp of salt. Smartphone is 3,3" screen:
itNhWBwcueJB6.jpg

On the pan:
i2Nuuhp3TYDtQ.jpg

That's a paellera, never used before. I used 2 fires to cook that... Bottom of pan is 35cm (~11,78")

ijEIS4PIpTLT6.jpg

Put rice and beans/bacon composite, topped with tomato, sweet pepper, asiago, galbanino, and green part of my onion.

Folded and cooked again a bit (the dish is big):
ibvzxYYadWcYTF.jpg

iElVUKk7y5qLP.jpg

Guess what? I stayed too low on salt. I've eaten half of that and i feel i've not eaten at all...

Very northern Italian looking burrito! Rustic. Meat as a salt/flavoring agent. Nice!

Back