food My Badass Burrito!

Sweet Jesus with a shotgun and an ass pocket of whiskey!!!!

Essi is slayin' the dragon.

Italian style. 

With beans and bacon.

And a bigass homemade Italian stallion artisan tore tillah'.

Have mercy!

The Hot Pepper said:
Meat as a salt/flavoring agent. Nice!
You got it, that was the idea. The fulfillment... Decent, not special, i've yet to learn how to cool properly bacon along onions... And some more salt would have helped. At least that didn't feel heavy at all...

texas blues said:
Sweet Jesus with a shotgun and an ass pocket of whiskey!!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Damn Essegi, after seeing that, a really large comal is higher on my priority list.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
You need to get #yourass on instagram ;)

I can't think of a worse place to be. Nothing but teen and preteen girls there.

I think its about time I get involved in one of these threads.

I'll make sure to pick up some bacon, chorizo, and other required ingredients tuesday... 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
That was so 2013, they are all snapchat now ;)

Dang, I need to tell my 12 year old daughter. She is so out of touch still playing on Instagram all the time with her friends. :D

texas blues said:
Jeff I reckon you need something like this and while they sell it as a pizza pan, its just a bigass comal.

http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-Pro-Logic-P14P3-Pizza-14-inch/dp/B0000E2V3X

But good for pizza too!

And I like to be liking the handles.
That is the one I am looking at for sure.

Shrimps!

Bigass tortilla. A little shredded cheddar. Shredded cabbage. Diced roma's, jalapeno, and onion. Baja style lime crema

splooge. Bay shrimps tossed in olive oil and sauteed garlic. Extry squeezin's of fresh lime. And capers.

This is why you need a comal.

Stare at this pic long enough and you'll have visions of swimming with dolphins and manatee's in SoFlo.

Its righteous.

I could mao mao on this all day long.

Salute'!

LUCKYDOG said:
Interesting I never bay strimps in my tacos or burritos NICE

LD I like these little cooked shrimps a lot. Been eating them all my life I reckon. Always buy them pre-cooked & frozen, already cleaned. Excellent shrimpy flavor and clean smelling. I have never seen them fresh and raw but then I reckon it would be a bitch to have to clean these little guys by hand one at a time.

I get the 1# bag from Kroger. Most often labeled as salad shrimp but have seen them as bay shrimp. Lots of people call them cocktail shrimp and many folks enjoy the breaded and fried version aka popcorn shrimp.

Right now fresh Texas  gulf white prawns are going for $8.99 a pound, brown shrimp for a buck more. At those prices the little shrimps are a no brainer.

Years ago I used to make a spicy queso sauce and toss in these little shrimps and cooked rice and wrap it in flour tortillas and bake in the oven enchilada style with more queso over the top. That sheeit will change your life! I don't make them like that anymore as I don't eat rice.

Then again....never say never.

Now I gone and done it dang it.

I might have to make some now.

texas blues said:

LD I like these little cooked shrimps a lot. Been eating them all my life I reckon. Always buy them pre-cooked & frozen, already cleaned. Excellent shrimpy flavor and clean smelling. I have never seen them fresh and raw but then I reckon it would be a bitch to have to clean these little guys by hand one at a time.

At first glance I wasn't really sure I would like that burrito, now I'm sure ;)
I love that pre-cooked thing too.

Thought pre-cooked were ready to eat for salads and cocktail. Don't they turn to rubber if you re-cook? Or it's a gentle heating up in the burrito and they are okay?

texas blues said:
Shrimps!

Bigass tortilla. A little shredded cheddar. Shredded cabbage. Diced roma's, jalapeno, and onion. Baja style lime crema

splooge. Bay shrimps tossed in olive oil and sauteed garlic. Extry squeezin's of fresh lime. And capers.

This is why you need a comal.

Stare at this pic long enough and you'll have visions of swimming with dolphins and manatee's in SoFlo.

Its righteous.

I could mao mao on this all day long.

Salute'!

I can copy your recipe for my lunch today?

The Hot Pepper said:
Thought pre-cooked were ready to eat for salads and cocktail. Don't they turn to rubber if you re-cook? Or it's a gentle heating up in the burrito and they are okay?

Yes sir.

I sauteed the garlic in olive oil and had thawed shrimps drained of any excess water ready to go. 

Tossed the shrimps in and turned off the burner and stirred 'em around just to warm them up a little bit.

Shrimp of any kind have to have moisture to be good. 

Overcooking not only makes them rubbery but also cooks out all the deliciousness.

CH ~ by all means feel free to copy and make any 'thang here or anywhere in these cooking forums.

I personally take that as a compliment and muchas gracias senor!

texas blues said:
CH ~ by all means feel free to copy and make any 'thang here or anywhere in these cooking forums.

I personally take that as a compliment and muchas gracias senor!

Obviously it was a compliment!.   ;)

Finally not arrive in time to thaw the shrimp and I had lunch else, but tomorrow will be my lunch

Had this cray cray idea about a bigass fish burrito picadillo style.

But first.

Chelada!

Fresh squeezed lime juice, V8, cheapass hoskey, some Big Pecker Hab sauce that I though was all used up but no, and a salt rimmed ball jar glass. Notice the low sodium V8. Yeah, I'm whack like that.

Fresh lane snapper. Love this fish.

Got some chopped garlic, dice onion, and 'peno, and a big splooge of sriracha in olive oil goin' on in BB, and then tossed in the snapper(Sum knows a snapper when he sees it) that I had cubed up. I then proceeded to give it some spatula abuse and stirred in some diced tomato, chopped green olive, and cilantro and some lime squeezin's.

While not technically "minced" as is the literal translation for picadillo, this looks just as my Mexican cunado described it.

Similar to a Vera Cruz I would think only not as much liquid.

I had to slap it on a bigass tortilla with a splooge of lime crema.

The power of the burrito compelled me.

Now THIS is a party!

I absolutely have to make this more often.

A shit-ton(official SoFlo measurement) of flavors goin' on. I reckon too that raison's would have been all right in this but didn't believe so at the time so left them out. 

Dang goodern' hell!

Allrighty then.

CH bring on yer' bigass burrito.

And we need more Texans up in here too!

Oh damn. 

Nice job!!!

Shit. I just knew that would work!!!!! Nice call with the lane snapper. 
Reckon we'd use mangrove (gray) snapper or mahi, maybe grouper around here. 

And I'd never mess with your recipe...but reckon I'd slap some yellow rice in that to absorb some of the juice...damn I'm hungry now!

Look what dropped last night!! Gotta use them for something....margaritas???

14503337401_1ca50055b0_k.jpg

Oh snap!

I ain't got no mango's whether it be snapper or fruits.

I'm mildly allergic to mango fruit but still love to try and eat them once in a while.

Mangoritas?

Drop that bomb por favor and let it esplode' its awesome tequila man-go nessessess on us essessess.

Might have to break out the toothpick umbrellas for thatern' too.

On another note Fitty....

Yesterday when I bought the lane snapper right next to it they had some fresh redfish filets for @$12.99 a pound.

I'm kickin' myself for not getting what they had as I could have at least put it in the freezer for later.

Not often we get fresh redfish up this way and I don't mind it frozen out of my freezer.

Me so stupido.

Back