• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

My cat died in my arms today.

Rabbit, I had this happen to me several years ago and I know that it sucks. Sorry for your loss and when the time is right, I'm sure you'll find another wonderful pussycat.

That's tough. I had to put down one of my dogs a few years back. I was in the room when they did it. Hardest thing I ever had to go through. I was a mess for days.

Condolences from the DD family.

Oh man that's horrible. It's the worst part about pets, they bring so much joy but only for a limited time.

Sincerest condolences.

Sorry to hear that, bro. Loosing a cat that you're very close to is tough. I lost my buddy Murphy when i was 26. He'd been around for 19 years. I knew he was older than dirt, but it was still tough to deal with. One thing though, if he was foaming at the mouth that can be a sign of rabies, as it paralyzes the animal's throat muscles so it can't swallow anymore. Watch your other pets carefully.

Sorry rabbit. One of my cats disappeared a couple of years ago and I had to finally give up looking for her. If anything happened to my other one - her brother - I would probably cry for days.

Hey Rabbit, sorry about your cat buddy. I'm kinda suffering with you, lost my dog a week ago today to cancer.

sorry dude,

i feel for you mate...

cats, dogs, pets in general are just really cool connections to nature and life..

people could learn tons from it...

My last cat - same thing. It was old and it was time. We brought it to bed with us, cuddled it, and told it we loved it. Two hours later, it was gone. Those moments never go away...

cats in my parts are pretty much disposable...ive never had any real feelings for a cat. at my house we pretty much have them to take care of pests. we dont even name them really...but either way, sorry for the loss.

Back