• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

My Naga Adventure

My Naga/Bhut Adventure

Yesterday evening, I picked my one and only Naga Morich pod.:) I had to show several co-workers today.

Tonight, I gutted the very few seeds that might give me plants next year. The next step was fun.

I cut the pod lengthwise in quarters. I ate one quarter at a time with my spagetti dinner. After the last piece, my lower lip went numb like dental novacaine.:mouthonfire: It lasted nearly an half hour.

I love these!:onfire: Gotta have more! The taste was unique before the burn started.

Now I have to wait until next season.....:(

Edit:

OK, Update,

Patrick was very generous to send my several Bhut Jolakia peppers to try.

This time, I carefully removed the seeds, leaving the placenta in place. I quartered lengthwise.

We had simple hamburgers and baked beans for dinner. I ate all 4 quarters with dinner.

I did notice the taste almost identical to the naga morich. The differenece was the heat. I did not get the dental novacaine feeling from the Bhut like the Naga gave me earlier. I did however, did get a little watery eyes from it, unlike the Naga. I will have to try the rest of them to see if all are the same.

BTW, Patrick, you the man!! I'll take care of you..........

Hey river! Got the second package you evil bastard!!!;)

Thanks.

Indeed my nagas were good. You are a maniac to have eaten the whole thing straight!!!!!!!(even in quarters!)

Mine didn't produce so well. Also, the 7pot seems to me a better pepper.Just my opinion! The nagas are amazing though.

cheezydemon said:
Hey river! Got the second package you evil bastard!!!;)

Thanks.

Indeed my nagas were good. You are a maniac to have eaten the whole thing straight!!!!!!!(even in quarters!)

Mine didn't produce so well. Also, the 7pot seems to me a better pepper.Just my opinion! The nagas are amazing though.

You are very welcome
:lol:

wacoflyer, why dont you overwinter the plant under some grow lights, my peppers produced during the winter months, i just had to pollinate them by hand (when you think about it, its kinda like giving a pepper plant a hand job...)

Sid03SVT said:
wacoflyer, why dont you overwinter the plant under some grow lights, my peppers produced during the winter months, i just had to pollinate them by hand (when you think about it, its kinda like giving a pepper plant a hand job...)

Nice turn of phrase :lol:

Funny how we all remember the dentist after we have a naga/Jolokia for the first time..But its spot on :)

talas said:
Funny how we all remember the dentist after we have a naga/Jolokia for the first time..But its spot on :)

I am addicted to the taste/burn! I can't wait until next season. I expected more burn.

BTW, I have been eating hot pepperes more than 30 years. I would like to think I have started to build a "tolerance" to the heat. Does anyone else agree, or is it just me?

I've got 20 bhut jolokia seedlings most of which will be planted out over the next two weeks - I'll be the mushroom cloud on the southern horizon

Yep i agree i think it builds quickly..mine has gone from munching jalas,Scotch Bonnets and orange habs to experiencing all the super hots and now my tolerance has certainly grown id say :)

I am sorry! but.....was that a real naga??

A whole pod witha plate of spaghetti did not have enough burn?

Either your expectations were off the charts, or that was a naga hybrid!

Or, your heat receptors are too charred and crispy to register a reading!;)

the tolerance builds quickly, but it also diminishes quickly; i had some buffalo style chicken fingers last night (after not having real heat for a while), with a sauce consisting of scotch bonnet, orange hab, & cayenne; at first i was like "yeah i should have made them hotter" but after about four of them the slow burning scotch bonnet kicked in and i was like "nope, these are just fine" i love a good burn, although i know they could have been hotter since they didnt burn this morning after my coffee

I made some salsa with a choc hab, a 7 pot, and a red savina. I roughly chopped the peppers and put them into the otherwise ready salsa.

It was HOT. I munched for a while happily. All of a sudden I notice this enourmous piece of 7 pot with 7 or 8 seeds on it sitting on my chip.

GOOD GOD it burned.

I was eating salsa (about 2 cups worth total was made) with 2 hotter than hell habs and a 7pot in it. I am no light weight.

That piece of 7 pot was so big, it was about like eating a small piece of 7pot straight. It lit me up. If anything the naga is supposed to be hotter.

What was my point again?(;))

WACOFlyer,

I sent you a PM.

I've got to agree with cheezy, either the pepper was a dud or your heat receptors have surrendered.

Last night, was our first hard frost. Everything in the pepper patch is cooked, except, the one and only scorpion and douglah plants! :lol:

I insulated them last night with layers of foam sheeting. If they survive under the foam again tonight, I plan on transplanting them to the house.

BTW, they both have a bunch of small pods on them!:party: They sure have a long growing season................

Good save dude!

You get my package yet? I want to hear another story about quartering and eating a whole pod with a plate of pasta!:shocked:

Best of luck to ya!

WACOFlyer said:
Last night, was our first hard frost. Everything in the pepper patch is cooked, except, the one and only scorpion and douglah plants! ;)

I insulated them last night with layers of foam sheeting. If they survive under the foam again tonight, I plan on transplanting them to the house.

BTW, they both have a bunch of small pods on them!:clap: They sure have a long growing season................

The cooler weather hasn't helped either :)

patrick said:
Good save dude!

You get my package yet? I want to hear another story about quartering and eating a whole pod with a plate of pasta!:cheers:

Best of luck to ya!

Patrick,

Your gift was waiting on me today when I got home! Thank you! I'll get those seed to you.

Thanks

OK, Update,

Patrick was very generous to send my several Bhut Jolakia peppers to try.

This time, I carefully removed the seeds, leaving the placenta in place. I quartered lengthwise.

We had simple hamburgers and baked beans for dinner. I ate all 4 quarters with dinner.

I did notice the taste almost identical to the naga morich. The differenece was the heat. I did not get the dental novacaine feeling from the Bhut like the Naga gave me earlier. I did however, did get a little watery eyes from it, unlike the Naga. I will have to try the rest of them to see if all are the same.

BTW, Patrick, you the man!! I'll take care of you..........

Back