food My obsession with heat and food...JoynersHotPeppers

The Hot Pepper said:
Wait, if the bottom gets crispy and is your fave, then why not keep in pan and get all sides like that?

NOW I'm confused.

The bottom was like that due to being able to use the glaze all over except bottom. In a pan you simply glaze the top. It was my favorite part when part of the overall bite mixed with a scoop of taters :)

Ashen said:
I did a meatloaf on the kettle last summer on top of a lava grill stone, it was bacon wrapped which is damn good but I need to try it moulded out like that and crispy the bottom crust.
Agreed, you will love it. It did not have the texture of meatloaf either, I did not over work the meat and it was like a fresh ground burger texture wise. 

So the cripiness was the bare meat on the pan, and the glaze, kept the sides soft? I need some meatloaf lessons lol. Is that right tho?

The Hot Pepper said:
So the cripiness was the bare meat on the pan, and the glaze, kept the sides soft? I need some meatloaf lessons lol. Is that right tho?

Yes correct, the sides,ends and tops became a nice sticky stiffness for the glaze mix. It was ketchup, local honey, cumin and Franks 

Chili rubbed chuck roasts ready to rest overnight for an all day braise tomorrow.

16425747_10207844066843978_528982917077607168_n.jpg

Is that a stove top braise or oven/grill? I'm curious, if it's oven, what your go-to braising temp might be.

My wife goes all CDC on me when I try to braise under 300 degrees, my best beof happens at about 265-270....

Sure looks like something I'd eat...again and again and again and.... :clap:

Nice coating, I want to see how those sides turn out , do you use tongs and turn them on the sides as well? I usually coat top and bottom.

Back