food My obsession with heat and food...JoynersHotPeppers

A ton more pictures tomorrow, beat...

16648994_10207993209532452_7205541410974139092_n.jpg

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I was passed out by 9:30

As a matter of fact, so was I ... Danielle brought some funky virus home from the Dr's office ...

Not enough to take me out, like her, but just enough to have a mid-ninety-nine's low-grade fever and soreness in my joints etc ...

Mixed feelings ...

After like 2-3 years no patients could really even get me sick ...

... and that's lasted pretty well for the 12 years since leaving medicine ...

But there's going to be a little period here where she brings home all of the new funkies that have come along since when I left, so I expect a couple of seasons will be like this ...

Short term problem, but one with a long-term gain/pay-off that's equal or greater ...

I truly live the 'what doesn't kill me makes me stronger' ... eating meats near the extent of kill-rates, and the likes ...

I only gently rinse things, purposefully ... even potatoes ...

Constant low-grade exposure is for the win.

grantmichaels said:
Mixed feelings ...

After like 2-3 years no patients could really even get me sick ...

... and that's lasted pretty well for the 12 years since leaving medicine ...

But there's going to be a little period here where she brings home all of the new funkies that have come along since when I left, so I expect a couple of seasons will be like this ...

Short term problem, but one with a long-term gain/pay-off that's equal or greater ...

I truly live the 'what doesn't kill me makes me stronger' ... eating meats near the extent of kill-rates, and the likes ...

I only gently rinse things, purposefully ... even potatoes ...

Constant low-grade exposure is for the win.

I hear you but I do not 100% buy into that fire hose preaching. With everything evolving and becoming immune to today's medicines, pretty hard to beat it all when those little exposures are something new. 

As for the rest yes, what does not kill me makes me stronger....F some flu vaccine :) 

True, but still better off with the low-exposures for the baddies ...

Can be the difference between fighting them off, and not being able to ...

There are a number of things that can't be fought off with ANY medicine in existence, but which our bodies can respond and react to - well, sometimes ...

I play the numbers leaning toward the constant-exposure model, but also don't get flu vaccination ...

It's Ruskin mater season gents ...

The tomatoes are killer right now! ...

It's the time of year where we can get the one's that aren't gassed ... where the meat is crystallized ...

I don't know if you know what I'm talking about, but when the maters are fuckin' perfect - and ripen without gas - the cells crystallize with sugars and the flesh turns into something like a geode ...

So bangin' ... and that's like right now ... here, anyways.

grantmichaels said:
It's Ruskin mater season gents ...

The tomatoes are killer right now! ...

It's the time of year where we can get the one's that aren't gassed ... where the meat is crystallized ...

I don't know if you know what I'm talking about, but when the maters are f**kin' perfect - and ripen without gas - the cells crystallize with sugars and the flesh turns into something like a geode ...

So bangin' ... and that's like right now ... here, anyways.

Nope…not a clue.  

Back