food My obsession with heat and food...JoynersHotPeppers

Sure no problem, first time trying it with venison and hope it comes out tender! 

Tuesday was a good day in the woods. :)

16395_10202751289287722_3223973249278559083_n.jpg

Nice looking curry Chris! :drooling: Around here, the deer are feeding heavily on nut mast to put on fat for the winter. It makes the fat really bad-tasting when they've been eating acorns, so we trim off as much as possible and cook together with bacon or salt pork to replace it with.

stickman said:
Being that Deer and Goats are both Cervine creatures, I wonder if Venison would be an acceptable substitute for Goat meat in Jamaican Goat curry?

http://www.jamaican-recipes.com/currygoat.html
Not sure but I will give it a try and let you know. I know the method I used above was amazing and my dad found it very hard to believe that venison was that tender in a stew. The huge difference between goat and venison will come down to the fat factor, there is less than 1% in the venison I harvest :)

WTF?

Why that unit?

More complicated than it needs to be.

Its so simpo.

Inserts?

Massaging and crinkling the bag?

'Splain me Lucy.

texas blues said:
WTF?

Why that unit?

More complicated than it needs to be.

Its so simpo.

Inserts?

Massaging and crinkling the bag?

'Splain me Lucy.
I don't do all that nonsense. I make the bags, put the food in and put open end in machine it sucks the air out and seals it...simple. I do like the marinate setting for the container attachment along with the Ball jar attachments that can take all the air from and seal a ball jar which is awesome for powders :)

That video shows you how to drybag and age some steak but that is not for me at this point :) I only posted the video since I have the same unit. 

Back