food My obsession with heat and food...JoynersHotPeppers

Still looks tasty !! I pull my roasts at 123/125 depends on cook temp low temp cooking 225/250 I run closer to final temp,while roast cooked on higher heat will continue cooking 5/10 deg more.
Love your cooks brother just sharing some info :)
CHEERS

oldsalty said:
Still looks tasty !! I pull my roasts at 123/125 depends on cook temp low temp cooking 225/250 I run closer to final temp,while roast cooked on higher heat will continue cooking 5/10 deg more.
Love your cooks brother just sharing some info :)
CHEERS
Thanks, I blame the wife's twice baked potatoes in the bottom oven :)

10154325_10202891680917425_8673119046769391280_n.jpg

venison with fried onions.

10850155_10202892077887349_2528912606254156747_n.jpg

Wow ... nice, even cook there ... I've never cooked or eaten ribs that looked like that, I ordered ribs at every schmancy restaurant I ever got dragged to (that had 'em) ...

I've wanted to try BC for 5 years, isn't sold here ... well, wasn't a year ago, I should recheck ...

grantmichaels said:
Wow ... nice, even cook there ... I've never cooked or eaten ribs that looked like that, I ordered ribs at every schmancy restaurant I ever got dragged to (that had 'em) ...

I've wanted to try BC for 5 years, isn't sold here ... well, wasn't a year ago, I should recheck ...
I am not sure many places would serve beef ribs like that but why cook them to death? I mean those were 5 hours at 240 and damn tasty. I'll take the left overs and let them kiss the high heat grill tomorrow for lunch! 

Thanks for stopping by

GIMME THAT BOURBON COUNTY!!!  The venison looks good.  Don't know about MR ribs...  I'd try 'em though.

JayT said:
GIMME THAT BOURBON COUNTY!!!  The venison looks good.  Don't know about MR ribs...  I'd try 'em though.
Yeah I wish we could get more BC here. :( The ribs are actually more cooked than they seem. They ate mote like steak than ribs for sure but I figured 5 hours was a long time for ribs since pork ones are perfect at 5 hours. Last time I made them I cooked them to done and was not a fan at all. I might stick to swine...

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Yeah I wish we could get more BC here. :( The ribs are actually more cooked than they seem. They ate mote like steak than ribs for sure but I figured 5 hours was a long time for ribs since pork ones are perfect at 5 hours. Last time I made them I cooked them to done and was not a fan at all. I might stick to swine...
Those LOOK delicious to me but they do like different than typical smoked rib. Love your wood mix excellent combo!! :) what kind o f rib was that and for game or beef ribs have you tried smoke roasting?
Thanks

oldsalty said:
Those LOOK delicious to me but they do like different than typical smoked rib. Love your wood mix excellent combo!! :) what kind o f rib was that and for game or beef ribs have you tried smoke roasting?
Thanks
They are beef ribs. I have not tried smoke roasting but I will most likely grill-off the leftovers. I treated them more like short-ribs and it was getting late with me being very hungry and I knew they were at a safe temp. :) 

Thanks for dropping by

JoynersHotPeppers said:
The black pepper and Thai blend made the outside pretty darn spicy. 5 hours of TX Oak, Hickory and apple wood mix.
Texas Oak! Don't be cuttin down our trees to make your fantastic meals, unless you plan on sharing. Whats your single favorite wood to cook?

Back