food My obsession with heat and food...JoynersHotPeppers

sicman said:
Nope. Not a substitute. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't want venison curry/spice style.
OH THE HUMANITY!! We're is the love!! You wouldn't substitute?
3342dl2.jpg

Ill give a try someone send me venison stat!! :)

sicman said:
Im sure it is great. Im just not feeling the venison with some curreness,"is that a word?" And goat and deer are just way diffrent to me. As long as stick dont substitue his dear with deer im sure it will be great.

Heh, heh...I'm clear on which is which Sic... ;)

Looks good!
I usually sautee the garlic and lemon zest in the butter before adding the wine. I think it brings the flavors together a bit more.
Bring the heat up and add the mussels for a few more minutes.
Gotta be careful not to over cook them as I'm sure you know.
Did you make the pasta as well?

HopsNBarley said:
Looks good!
I usually sautee the garlic and lemon zest in the butter before adding the wine. I think it brings the flavors together a bit more.
Bring the heat up and add the mussels for a few more minutes.
Gotta be careful not to over cook them as I'm sure you know.
Did you make the pasta as well?
It was fresh pasta. I also usually do that as well before adding the wine but I wanted a more subtle flavor last night therefore did not separate the steps. What I ended up with was a wonderful sauce with very subtle hints of lemon, garlic and a slight heat finish from the Thai Blend. 

I did not make the pasta but I bought fresh pasta from the store. Cooked for 1 min then added to all the liquid from the mussels to finish. These mussels were the most tender I have had in a long while. I worked in one of the busiest seafood restaurants in the Outer Banks of NC. I worked behind the oyster bar where I shucked no less than a few hundred thousand oysters and clams and steamed a few tons of shrimp, crab, lobster, oysters, mussels and clams :) I treat my seafood right when cook, nothing worse than overcooked shellfish! 

FreeportBum said:
^^^ looks amazing. but way over cooked for my taste.  I share this link with everyone when it comes to doing a roast. I know taste is a very personal thing but if you have the time read everything on that page the link bring's up. I've never looked back after it was sent to me  :cheers:
http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/prime_rib_roast.html
Cook a tad longer than I wanted as well. I am sure you have seen how I normally like mine. :) It was pulled at 130.  

This is our normal cooking, last night sucked with timing so it was what it was :(

ribeye_roast.JPG

Don't get me wrong I'm not busting on it. the pic of it cooked looks freaking delicious.  I could use a hunk of that right now with a couple fried eggs and red/sweet potato home fries with bacon and onion. 

Check out that link though if you get a chance. I don't follow everything on there and I already made a mean roast but I did pick up some great info/tips from it. 

Yeah I have that site book marked along with another one for Pig. :) It has great tips and my lower oven is what screwed me...it did taste damn good and the left over will make some awesome sandwiches ;) 

Back