food My obsession with heat and food...JoynersHotPeppers

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I need to find my recipe :( I seem to have lost it but will remain hopeful.

You may LOL, but I keep all that kind of shit in .txt files on Dropbox and I commit the folders of text files to version control on Github ...

Text files ... the only thing I can be sure to edit, anyways, always ... and version control because, well, version. control. all. of. the. things.

grantmichaels said:

You may LOL, but I keep all that kind of shit in .txt files on Dropbox and I commit the folders of text files to version control on Github ...

Text files ... the only thing I can be sure to edit, anyways, always ... and version control because, well, version. control. all. of. the. things.
I had it saved :) I just couldn't find the printed copy. I am lazy, dropbox is too much work lol

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I had it saved :) I just couldn't find the printed copy. I am lazy, dropbox is too much work lol

If you use version control you can step back through the evolution of the recipe, which is nice ...

Our curry base has had quite a bit of tinkering along the way ... too bad it all went out the window when we switched from Spice Island/McCormick to whole-spices ...

Danielle kicked my powders out of the kitchen two nights ago ... so I ordered a pair of spice racks for the storage closet and places a follow up order from Season with Spice ...

Now she has the rack in the kitchen by the stove, and I have two in the pantry room all to myself :party: ...

I'm a real treat, what can I say ...

I was kidding and I use version control on a regular basis since I am a solution architect by trade. Good news about your "own" spice area! 

I am going to try to stick to the same base recipe and use 4 types of peppers and see how that works. I can eat the current sauce by the spoon full for sure! 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
I was kidding and I use version control on a regular basis since I am a solution architect by trade. Good news about your "own" spice area! 

I am going to try to stick to the same base recipe and use 4 types of peppers and see how that works. I can eat the current sauce by the spoon full for sure! 

I think I read recently somewhere in your glog or something that you did pre-sales architecting, so I was leaving room for you to be a user-stories (BDD/TDD) guy ...

I've blocked out the PTSD from version control on Win Plat ... perforce or team force or something like that ... God, I don't miss that .. used that shit when I worked at Arthur Andersen ... until Enron, anyways ...

I just use github these days ...

Starting the spice mix for the chorizo! 

10993085_956117311088662_6275179782900224590_n.jpg

Reiterating my offer to send some of the seeds from my tiny orange peppers, and I accidentally ordered a dupe of the Asian BBQ Spice Pack from Season with Spice that I'm happy to pass along if you'd be interested ...

grantmichaels said:
Reiterating my offer to send some of the seeds from my tiny orange peppers, and I accidentally ordered a dupe of the Asian BBQ Spice Pack from Season with Spice that I'm happy to pass along if you'd be interested ...
Sure send it along...I'll return the favor with some goodies ;) 

Actually, this is the dupe: http://www.seasonwithspice.com/collections/featured-products/products/chili-flakes-spice-kit
PM addy and I'll print up a label and put it out w/ an Amazon return Monday ...

mmmMMM sauce ... now I like sauce, i guess ... i don't like hot sauce of the tabasco/crystal type all that much ...

THP gave me some sauces to try, which I'm going to, but I wanted to first support the members who post in the food areas often ...

i plan to try some of the stuff Boss recommended though, as well, because he's never led me astray on cooking tips/advice ...

Back