food My obsession with heat and food...JoynersHotPeppers

SmokenFire said:
I would like to work a trade for some of the ham.  It looks simply excellent.  I've a nice slicer and will shave it paper thin.  Then I'll serve it with ripe berries and melon or maybe wrap blanched asparagus spears in it, to be dipped in hollandaise.  Mostly I'll just plate it with a few cornichons and a nice grainy mustard with grilled bread.  But seriously.  For trade.     
Thanks and I'll see what we can do, this ham will break in my virgin slicer that was an xmas gift :) 

Two nights back, more venison but my favorite way to eat it....fried with onions and peppers.

10845885_988772274489832_6089597804189358607_o.jpg

11102904_988772277823165_6547127915424408116_o.jpg

Cook day...my that is a big pot you have....

11157577_10203711707217570_4322374326576997138_o.jpg

JHP, the colors on that first pick with the ingredients is killer!

Is that the 10 gal pot?  I have the 10 gal Bayou with the ball valve.  I love it.  Hoping to do a clam bake and seafood boil in it this summer.

Husker21 said:
JHP, the colors on that first pick with the ingredients is killer!

Is that the 10 gal pot?  I have the 10 gal Bayou with the ball valve.  I love it.  Hoping to do a clam bake and seafood boil in it this summer.
Thanks, I want to say it is the 26 quarts, heavy duty! 
tctenten said:
Breaded & deep fried?  Or just fried in a skillet?
Fried in Cast Iron and used House of Autry chicken breader straight on the meat. I often post sometimes the ugliest meals taste the best :) 

Thanks, I have very little experience with cooking venison. No one else in my family will eat it, so I appreciate the different ideas. Remember once when I was a kid, my father tried making fried venison cutlets....might have been the worst thing I have ever tried.

tctenten said:
Thanks, I have very little experience with cooking venison. No one else in my family will eat it, so I appreciate the different ideas. Remember once when I was a kid, my father tried making fried venison cutlets....might have been the worst thing I have ever tried.
I like to do it almost medium when frying so for me to get to that I cut everything same thickness, once you have it in the hot pil as soon as you see blood come through on the upside, flip it and wait for the same to occur again. I then take it off and it is medium for the most part. If you like it more cooked wait for most blood to come through before first flip. I also start my onions and peppers first to flavor the oil. 

grantmichaels said:
Neat.

Looks like pork jerky, what could possibly be wrong WITH THAT?
That is how country ham looks...I have so many shareds that are going to make some awesome gravy and the bones i saved going to make some black beans :) My kids loved it and aid...dad is this salty :) 

Back