food My obsession with heat and food...JoynersHotPeppers

Making some BBQ sauce for the weekend and having some lasagna for dinner...

11215821_10203895455931173_8396244521946406461_n.jpg

11295556_10203895507612465_6692186250576258794_n.jpg

What kinda meat in the lasagna?   Please tell me you didn't go #hipster veggie lasagna.  I hope there are some meatballs & sausage in there….otherwise  I might start #lasagnagate.  The top does look very nice.

The bbq sauce looks good too.  Pulled pork this weekend?

tctenten said:
What kinda meat in the lasagna?   Please tell me you didn't go #hipster veggie lasagna.  I hope there are some meatballs & sausage in there….otherwise  I might start #lasagnagate.  The top does look very nice.

The bbq sauce looks good too.  Pulled pork this weekend?

i'll second that motion.

we're on the precipice of #lasagnagate ...

I did not make the meal, the wife did and it was for the kids and us and yes no meat. Not because we do not like meat but because we have 40 pounds ready for Saturday muhahahah.

15 pound brisket and a few racks of ribs to start, no pulled pork this weekend. 

The sauce will need some tweaking for sure next time, it is good but not where I want it to be....

tctenten said:
Ok..ok...#lasagnagate is on hold....unless there is some sort of green vegetable in that lasagna.

Made my first bbq sauce last time I made pulled pork. I used this recipe and liked it.

http://bbqpitboys.com/recipes/jalapeno-honey-bbq-sauce#.VV6RKBj3arU
Only sauce and cheese! Lot and lots of cheese too! 

My recipe is not far from that...more TX style however - I never use BBQ sauce for most part anyway but will do it on one rack of ribs...

Phew!!! Grandma approves.

I always liked when the corners of the lasagna noodles would crisp up. Same with baked ziti.
JoynersHotPeppers said:
Yep, hoping the smoked baked beans turn out how I see them in my mind!
Need to learn how to do that.

Back