food My obsession with heat and food...JoynersHotPeppers

Ozzy2001 said:
The last whole loin I did was perhaps the best I've ever had. When they're on sale I will definitely grab one. We have a food saver on the way too, which will help keep it longer.
Agreed, this was 16.49 vs 23.99 already process for prime filet. I could have snagged choice for 11.49 but wanted to step up to prime for the wife. I love that Costco's worst beef is choice, really nice compared to all local stores to me. 

Yeah, I haven't seen anything worse than choice at Sam's here. Every once in awhile one of the local butcher shops will have a special too.
I've heard that beef prices should go down a little. They've took a hit on the commodities market.

Ozzy2001 said:
Yeah, I haven't seen anything worse than choice at Sam's here. Every once in awhile one of the local butcher shops will have a special too.
I've heard that beef prices should go down a little. They've took a hit on the commodities market.
Yep, I could have scored select for 9.99 but I don't want that crap. I'll make about 5 or 6 meals out of this loin so it really is a great spend in the end.

it's great ...

my body loves it, too ... no digestive b/s with filet ...

perhaps because i don't feel that it needs to be spiced nearly as intensely ...

during the months between my ex and Danielle, i ate sous vide filet every other day, and alternated between chicken curry and chicken caeser on the opposite day as a diet ...

It was quite effective, actually, and i loved eating all the filet ...

Wife tagged me in a slow cooker rib recipe so I told her I would make them and that will happen today but before I make those, I used the same sauce recipe and grilled wings while reducing the sauce and glazing the wings during the cooking process. This made for very tender and incredibly sticky goodness!

12715385_1159834784050246_4792425224112483155_n.jpg

Back