free My seed stock for 2009...free stuff!

Hello everyone,

I wanted to post this to anyone who's interested. I will offer these free of charge to anyone who wants some. Just need to send me a SASE and they are yours. None of my seeds are guaranteed pure, but i can say that they are 98% sure to be what they are labeled as. None of that Reimer style ripoff from me. Besides, it's only the cost of postage aka free.

Up for grabs (some limited supply will have * next to it)...

Thai
Apache*(very very very few)
Fresno
Bhut Jolokia(these are from my own plant, see signature for photos)
Fatalii*
unknown mystery multicolor decorative
unknown Jalapeno
Tian Jin (i have an unlimited supply of these)
Yellow Scotch Bonnet
Black Pearl (these are from my own plant, see signature for photos)
de Arbol
Anaheim
Hungarian Hot Wax*((very very very few) organic seeds from the UK.)
Red Habanero (GIANT pods found at Whole Foods, check the pic i posted in this thread.)
Tepin (unknown supermarket strain)
Cayenne lookalike(might not be cayenne, but a medium to mild heat red chile with a ton of seeds)
Byadgi
Round (picked up at the Indian market)
Yellow Siam (?? no clue what they are, but they're yellow and yummeh)
Sweet mini

Let me know if/what you want and i'll get you my email address.

I'm not really looking for any trades, but if anyone wanted to drop some 7-Pot, Trinidad Scorpion, or any aromatic seeds in their envelope i wouldnt turn it down. My only goal here is to share seeds, that's all.

Be well everyone!

John:mouthonfire:

cheezydemon said:
very cool of you! I am set myself. Thanks anyways!
I like to help people out when it's doable. I was sending some to my friends in Illinois and Iowa, and figured since i have so many, i should share.

Oh and if i can post one other thing...i have to say i'm giving the seeds "as is". i've done everything i can to preserve them, but i'm far from perfect. So if they don't germinate or something, i hope nobody holds it against me.

talas said:
And if you need anything seed wise p.m me ;)
Cool man.

So i got the first SASE yesterday and they were mailed today.

Keep em comin people. I'm feeling like Johnny Appleseed over here spreading lil pepper trees all across the land. :D

hmm. i have one offer for some rocoto, but i'm interested in the other two.

(now is where i try to figure out where the hell i'm going to fit 80 varieties of pepper on one small patio.)

I hear you buddy. My mom and dad have a very large backyard and live about 2 miles from me. She offered to let me grow peppers there next year since we really have very limited space here. I don't think she knows what she is in for really. I am planning on growing about 100 plants and about 30-40 varieties next season, after growing 9 plants this year.

JayT said:
I hear you buddy. My mom and dad have a very large backyard and live about 2 miles from me. She offered to let me grow peppers there next year since we really have very limited space here. I don't think she knows what she is in for really. I am planning on growing about 100 plants and about 30-40 varieties next season, after growing 9 plants this year.
I figure i'll do about 4 or 5 plants here. My girl's mom is probably going to let me use her back yard which will be cool as there's a ton of sunlight to take advantage of. I might make use of a few other people's yards just to mess around a bit.

I still have a ton of seeds. I'll probably have more bhut jolokia in another week or so. I have 8-9 pods yet to be picked and another dozen i'm hoping will ripen properly. They're real ugly pods with bumps, ridges, spikes, and all that junk. Real nasty SOBs.

2nd SASE arrived today with some beautiful rocoto seeds. :P Thanks Jackie! Yours will be mailed shortly.

talas, i was supposed to send you some sauce a while back. i kinda never sent it as i was scared i'd poison you. i'm not so scared anymore. i'm going to be in the test lab this weekend. I'll see what comes out of it.

fineexampl said:
2nd SASE arrived today with some beautiful rocoto seeds. :) Thanks Jackie! Yours will be mailed shortly.

talas, i was supposed to send you some sauce a while back. i kinda never sent it as i was scared i'd poison you. i'm not so scared anymore. i'm going to be in the test lab this weekend. I'll see what comes out of it.

No problem buddy,Been doing a few Sauce tests myself..and it was my biggest worry,So i used myself as a guinea-big,P.M Your Addy :cool:

The seeds arrived today, El Fuego ftw.
You are a, yes, I'm going there, Fine Example of humanity ;)
I'm gonna do those seeds justice, I'm bookmarking everything I can about proper germination techniques, although I should probably just give them to my Mom to start, I swear she can just look at a seed and it sprouts like crazy. Green thumb nothing, Mom's got a green HAND.

Again, my thanks, mate.

Awesome! i had great success rates with my germination tests two ways.

The first way is the old 1st grader method. wadded paper towel in a cup, seeds on the outside, and keep em wet. It works, but you have to keep it wet and that's annoying.

The best, most effective method i tried was the napkin in a ziploc, wetted, seeds on top of the napkin, kept warm and left to sit. I got near 100% germination with this method. From there, right into some starter pots.

Got my seeds today John. You rock!! And extra Scotch Bonnets too. You guys are going to turn me into a hot head yet.

Thanks Again John

Paul

JayT said:

100 plants? I had over 175 this year, 25+ varieties.
Gotta move some next year to my father's 1/2 acre garden..................:violin:

Back