• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Nerd Pron

how did I not see this thread before :drool:

my current setup

Intel i7 3.2
12 gigs Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600
2 NVIDIA GTX 580 set up in SLI
Asus P6x58 D premium mobo
1 Corsair Force GT SSD at 120 gigs
1 1TB Seagate HD
1 2TB Seagate HD, cause I filled up the one gig in like 7 months

got it all running through my 50" TV with wireless keyboard and mouse

I am extremely jealous. I am only rocking a single gtx 460. I can't imagine what BF3 looks like with 580s in SLI. I hope to build a new rig in the spring. My Q6600 @ 3ghz isn't horrible, but I am certainly itching for something more powerful. What kind of case you have that setup in. I imagine those 580s generate some heat. Or are you going to tell me they are water cooled?

1.jpg

2 watercooled radiators, one top 120mm fan blowing down, two side 120mm fan blowing in, 1 120mm pulling out in the back

CPU is cooled with the Thermaltake Frio with dual 120mm fans on either side of the heatsink

like I said

I play a lot of graphically intensive games

not to mention when I am browsing the webbernets, im watching movies, listening to music, and 10,000 other things at once all from the same PC

My rig

AMD 955be overclocked @ 3.6Ghz
8 gig RAM
MA770T-UD3P mobo
GTX570
2 x 1TB hdd
Lian li K62 case
Ion2 550w psu
27" asus monitor

I built my system back in 09, updated my video card and monitor last year. I was thinking about getting 1050T/1090T cpu but don't think it is worth it. My computer works fine atm so I will wait til it slows down before putting more $$$ into it. Would love an SSD but I can't be bothered reinstalling my OS all over again. My next project will be getting a new TV (I have an old 68cm) and a Xbox 360.

If you are planning to upgrading your PC, I would get a i5 2500K or i7 2600K. You can overclock those babies to 4ghz with the stock cooler easy, and they will beat just about any AMD on the market.

if I am getting a new intel chip, I would upgrade to the new i7 3960

new LGA2011 socket

thing is absolutely nuts

although at a grand a pop, I can see why

Back