• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Nerd Pron

OMG, I'm surrounded by nerds!
On that same note, just watched the latest Doctor Who episode and it was quite good. :lol:

She's a dr. who nut, has & knows all of the eps & got some action figures LOL

i just wanted to show her its in the dictionary (its kind of rare to get a pop culture listing) Oops showing off my lexicon nerdness.... i have a word games/puzzle forum out there in cyberland

As for star trek. Make it so number 1 :lol:

ALL is NERD... that which seems to be not NERD is illusion.

Only evidence of nerditivity that could be found is a measely 500mhz OC and a bit old too. However, look at the core v and temps under Intelburn :rofl:

capture4t.png

Goodbye AMD, you were king from 1.1GHz+ to the first 64 bit x86 and dual cores.
But core 2 duo killed you off, and bulldozer was a disaster.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/AMD-Not-Competing-With-Intel-Anymore-Goes-Mobile-237103.shtml

Though they say "still committed", they aren't going to try engineer anything costly to develop that may fail anymore, they're not going to do something like the worlds first anymore.
AMD made the first x86 64 bit and dual core CPUs, they ruled the roost from 2002 to 2006? and kept intel honest. But were wiped out by the core 2 duo. But if the amd 64 dual core wasn't there, would we have got the core 2 duo from intel?
Shame that AMD don't have the people and money to take the battle to intel, so maybe intel are going to camp and do nothing for development and just raise prices now there's no threat to their monopoly.
AMD probably won't do anything now but just cheaply sell a bunch of old phenoms or hex cores I bet. And I see their point. In that era that AMD was clearly the best, not many people actually wanted that AMD CPU. Sure some did, but mainly enthusiasts, or the very low budget buyers for a single core athlon. If the majority of the market will buy intel at a time when it sucks, why bother competing?
Also of course that means they didn;t raise a lot of revenue in the golden years to have the people/money/equipment to make the next generation of CPUs

I read a cool statistic the other day. It said that a single Iphone 4 has more memory storage than every Apple device that existed in 1980.
Nerds rule! :D

how did I not see this thread before :drool:

my current setup

Intel i7 3.2
12 gigs Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600
2 NVIDIA GTX 580 set up in SLI
Asus P6x58 D premium mobo
1 Corsair Force GT SSD at 120 gigs
1 1TB Seagate HD
1 2TB Seagate HD, cause I filled up the one gig in like 7 months

got it all running through my 50" TV with wireless keyboard and mouse

how did I not see this thread before :drool:

my current setup

Intel i7 3.2
12 gigs Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600
2 NVIDIA GTX 580 set up in SLI
Asus P6x58 D premium mobo
1 Corsair Force GT SSD at 120 gigs
1 1TB Seagate HD
1 2TB Seagate HD, cause I filled up the one gig in like 7 months

got it all running through my 50" TV with wireless keyboard and mouse

Geez Louise wheebz....that's a lotta' rig! Too complicated for moi.

A_Little_Difference_Between_Men_and.jpg

I play a lot of video games....

keeps me out of trouble with the policemanz

Hah! You're going to the land of the SoFlo Posse and the least of your worries will be the po'leece! Resist with extreme prejudice to go on a 3 day bender of a roadtrip with Bear and his crew. You'll only wind up waking up half naked, hungover and battered outside in the alley of a Key West bath house located just down the street from the docks where a Greek naval vessel has been in port on liberty. Sell all that computer stuff and invest in your soon to be new SoFlo island style wardrobe which you'll need as you stroll arm and arm with hot chicks that will surely be all over you as you stake your claim to territory in South Beach. I see a new MTV Wheebz: South Beach Edition, reality show in your future. You'll soon be rolling in cash, hot babes, gold chains, and snorting only the finest laundry detergent that smells like Coco Chanel. Enjoy!

Back