• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

hobbies New aquarium!

Yep, exactly. The nickname threw me off. I thought maybe you got tired of waiting for the fish and got yourself a new pup.

Okay, now with the puppy pee. This is Bernie. She's new and seven weeks old.

20230121_130906.jpg

20230121_130908.jpg

ohhhhhhh puppppeeeeeeeeeee - she's gorgeous (I did actually squeal out loud)
I knew you'd think of something else to keep me occupied :lol:

Last edited:
Frankie's sulking, as expected. Charlie is cautious and a bit confused - she's never seen such a small pup.

She's a Rottweiler.
A real cuttie for sure👌 That should make a very good and faithful dogo! Rotts are very smart and protective, man's best friend!

My sister has an old but massive male weighin over 150 pound! He's a true gent and was always very soft with my niece (she was 1 yo when they got him out of a rescue). Now he's getting older and not so active anymore but still quite impressive! Not the best picture but you can see the difference (my BoxWeiller is at 70 pounds)!!

Good luck with your furniture ;)

1674516883007.png

I do love a Rottie, they're classed as a Category 1 dog in France and you have to jump through a few hoops to own one.
Today I shall be playing with American Staff puppies, or pitbull - classed as Category 1 dogs.
They can't be adopted but have to have a lifetime foster. If no one steps up they'll be kenneled for the rest of their lives :(

I believe people should be made to jump through a lot more hoops before they're allowed to do a lot of things they do now at will. Ask me about my dictatorship. Upon learning that I took my degree in political science, folks' first question is often, "So what's the best system of government?" They laugh and then pull a queer face when they realize I'm not joking answering immediately, "benevolent dictatorship." I am totally serious and happy to explain, but that's a topic for DM if anybody's interested in discussing it.

I do love a Rottie, they're classed as a Category 1 dog in France and you have to jump through a few hoops to own one.
Today I shall be playing with American Staff puppies, or pitbull - classed as Category 1 dogs.
They can't be adopted but have to have a lifetime foster. If no one steps up they'll be kenneled for the rest of their lives :(
Hoops, I hear you... I had to change insurance company last summer because it appears that many are no longer offering coverage for "dangerous dogs" without proper training & good behavior certificat. Rott are among the blacklisted breeds here and as my bastard girl also looks like a Pit I had a hard time finding an understanding insurer.... this is getting soooo ridiculous:deadhorse: In that sense fishies are hassle free but they are not very good at playing fetch!!

Bernie's doing very well - growing so fast she seems bigger every time you look at her. She and Charlie are great friends, wrestling for hours every day. Frankie is very slowly learning to tolerate her (Frankie's a neurotic grump). We're working on house training and simple obedience/commands. Last round of puppy vaccinations are scheduled for Wednesday. Bernie is eleven weeks old now and weighs around 24 pounds [10.4kg]. She is super sweet, a perfect little bubber.

Back