New member from Texas

Hey everyone, new guy here. I'm Drew, 24 from North Texas. Grew up near Cleveland, lived in Boston, had my college's largest (and perhaps only) hot sauce collection.

Since moving to Texas in December 2005, I've started growing peppers, starting out with a few plants from the local Wal-Mart (jalapenos, habaneros, and bells in 2006, mostly took 2007 off, coming back strong in 2008 with jalapenos, serranos, habaneros, Thai, poblanos, Fresnos, and New Mexicos), and expanding this year to starting from seed indoors. I'm waiting on my final shipment which should hopefully come this week. After that, I'll start planting. Here's the roster for this season:

Tabasco
Jalapeno
Sweet Banana
Hungarian Wax
Red savina
Chocolate habanero
White habanero
Czechoslovakian black
Zimbabwe bird
Yellow rocoto
Tasmanian habanero
Hot yellow mustard habanero
Naga jolokia
Chiltepin
Fatalii
Cayenne
Santa Fe Grande
Thai rocket

Also got a packet of some random seeds from one of the places I ordered from. So I have no idea what will come up from it so that should be fun.

Minnesota, awesome. My in-laws live up there (Brainerd area) and the wife and I have considered moving there at some point.

Welcome from Fort Worth neighbor...

bowhunter said:
Welcome from Leroy, Ohio
Dan

No kidding? I lived in Painesville Township for most of my life. My dad still lives over in Perry.

A for the hot mustard habanero, here's a picture of it: http://www.reimerseeds.com/images/products/hotpepper/Golden_Habanero_Hot_Pepper_Seeds.jpg

I'm still waiting on the seeds to arrive (unfortunately I bought them through Reimer's before I knew about their reputation) but once I get them, they'll be planted. Hopefully this weekend, next weekend at the latest.

Back