• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Next Throwdown - December-Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
thehotpepper.com said:
Headcount

JayT
thehotpepper.com
Pippy
Deathtosnails (maybe)
LUCKYDOG (maybe)
POTAWIE (maybe)

Awesome!

Who else!

?
Am I Banned from this? No maybe's next to my name.
Lets See If I can get my first vote:)

Nobody's banned yet....but there's beer left so who knows. ;)

banned-roll-on.png

I know you don't have a outodoor grill or anywhere to do it cuz you live high on your apartment excited to see how you macgyever this one like you always do, looking forwards to some quads' q's

Sorry Nate, no can do.

Last I checked, smoke alarms don't like indoor BBQ...I could rig up a Hobo-style rig sure, but there's no point.

I shall make chilli to wake the 'freekin dead next up though..none'yall ever seen me make Chilli yet...be skeerd...

I got me da cast iron, fresh naga and a 1970's-Orange Rival Crock-Pot.

*Mum went to Nursing School in Texas in the late 1940's....I learned a bit. ;)

I'll have to do some looking around but I am finding it near impossible to find any sort of fruit wood (dried out or fresh).......My neighbour has a pretty large grape vine growing but I don't think she'd be happy with me removing a few large branches just as the grapes are starting to form...:lol:

I think I can get some Mesquite and white wine soaked oak wood chips....But they are chips so won't last as long in the UDS......I'll sort something out I guess....I've smoked with hickory heaps now and want to try something new!!!

Okay guys...I'm heading over to the Drunken Chef and will be doing my own head count for the Sidelined BBQ-Boyz who will be participating in our own "drunken Holiday Merriment" type of throwndown. :lol:

May the drunken debauchery begin....:rofl:

*special note to participants*
You can only enter in 1 Throwdown, either the Official Throwdown OR the unofficial Throwdown but not both. :lol:

thehotpepper.com said:
Ohhhhhhhhhh hmmmmm. I don't knowwwwwwww. Oak is overlooked as a good smoking wood. Some of the best BBQ can come from a good oak fire but it burns real hot so you need to keep on top of the temps. Try chicken smoked with oak. There. A secret. Now the rest I'm keeping for the Throwdown lol.

The best steak I ever had was grilled on an oak fire.

Someone needs to make sure MichChef and Bam are in on this one.

Let's keep this focused on the Throwdown. No protests or unofficial Throwdown talk here. Lot's of people are interested in this one. Back on topic.

JayT said:
The best steak I ever had was grilled on an oak fire.

Someone needs to make sure MichChef and Bam are in on this one.
Hells yeah, if I owned a restaurant I'd do an oak pit, burns nice, even, and hot and adds great flavor. Also goes with any meat.

Headcount

JayT (maybe)
thehotpepper.com
Pippy
Deathtosnails (maybe)
LUCKYDOG (maybe)
POTAWIE (maybe)
Noshownate

JayT you switched to maybe, I saw that other post ;)
Noshownate I expect you to enter!

Well, mine is a definite maybe. Definitely if I am home before Saturday. I would say I am about 80% sure I will be here.

JayT said:
Well, mine is a definite maybe. Definitely if I am home before Saturday. I would say I am about 80% sure I will be here.

For cryin' out loud...make a decision! What are you.......... a congressman?:lol:

If the big deer cooperates and walks in front of my tree stand before Friday, I will be home in time. If he doesn't, I won't. I will be about three hours away so it won't be possible to compete in the throwndown unless I get home. Comprende'?

That's a good one JayT, a definite maybe. I'll definitely maybe give you a million dollars. Are you jumping up and down?

You're going to lose a lot of weight! :rofl:

I will be watching. I want the big deer to walk in front of his treestand before friday so I can drool over pics of smoked venison! mmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back