• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Next Throwdown - December-Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the grillers, January could be a beef cookoff which can be anything from fajitas to filet mignon, grilled outdoors, or in the cast iron... but go discuss this in the social group, not this thread.

Pepperfreak said:
Okay guys...I'm heading over to the Drunken Chef and will be doing my own head count for the Sidelined BBQ-Boyz who will be participating in our own "drunken Holiday Merriment" type of throwndown.

May the drunken debauchery begin....

*special note to participants*
You can only enter in 1 Throwdown, either the Official Throwdown OR the unofficial Throwdown but not both.

moyboy said:
Get your stinkin' second rate drunken Qing out of this fine and up standing thread....:rofl:

thehotpepper.com said:
Let's keep this focused on the Throwdown. No protests or unofficial Throwdown talk here. Lot's of people are interested in this one. Back on topic.

thehotpepper.com said:
Hells yeah, if I owned a restaurant I'd do an oak pit, burns nice, even, and hot and adds great flavor. Also goes with any meat.

JayT said:
Well, mine is a definite maybe. Definitely if I am home before Saturday. I would say I am about 80% sure I will be here.

texas blues said:
For cryin' out loud...make a decision! What are you.......... a congressman?:lol:

JayT said:
If the big deer cooperates and walks in front of my tree stand before Friday, I will be home in time. If he doesn't, I won't. I will be about three hours away so it won't be possible to compete in the throwndown unless I get home. Comprende'?

thehotpepper.com said:
That's a good one JayT, a definite maybe. I'll definitely maybe give you a million dollars. Are you jumping up and down?

thehotpepper.com said:
For the grillers, January could be a beef cookoff which can be anything from fajitas to filet mignon, grilled outdoors, or in the cast iron... but go discuss this in the social group, not this thread.

:rofl: Must be a bitch trying to mod the mod's as admin :rofl:

Headcount

JayT (maybe)
thehotpepper.com
Pippy
Deathtosnails (maybe)
LUCKYDOG (maybe)
POTAWIE (maybe)
Noshownate
jakealbert

Cant parrticipate as I will be working my buns off every weekend till christmas- but Quad, I do charcoal grilling on a $20 kettle on my balcony- you gots a balcony? where you grows peppers? or yours grows in the window?
hibachis are cheap and tiny. a wide windowsill would work!

Headcount

JayT (maybe)
thehotpepper.com
Pippy
Deathtosnails (maybe)
LUCKYDOG (maybe)
POTAWIE (maybe)
Noshownate
jakealbert
patrick

Just found a source of Cherry wood for around $2 AUD / KG.

MIN 25 KG.

Not much cashola at the mo for this. Still Have some Nectarine wood.

May have to change my plans... THP, what are you going with? Have you sourced any Apricot wood yet?

Dang diddly neddly. Wanted the Cherry!

I had one idea but I'm nixing it for a better one. Stay tuned. No hints.

Suckling pig with a crab apple in its mouth.

moyboy said:
Tell me your first Idea and i'll do that....:lol:
Sure. Burned chicken. All yours. Oh wait, that was your idea anyway. :lol:

It was but I can see how you thought it was serious. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back