• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

No Mods are on!

Turkey sandwiches. Man this is the best part of thanksgiving! You could have the whole T-day meal, I'll take leftover turkey sandwiches with LOTS of gravy.

JayT said:
Turkey sandwiches. Man this is the best part of thanksgiving! You could have the whole T-day meal, I'll take leftover turkey sandwiches with LOTS of gravy.

Open-faced on a great rye with some of TB's holandaise, diced habs, and some broiled asparagus....

gravy on a slice of white bread, piled high and wide with turkey, salt/pepper/chile powder, more gravy, slice of white bread, more gravy, more salt/pepper/chile powder. Sorry the woman has the camera. You would love the gravy. It is very dark and wonderful. I spent about 2 1/2 hours just making the gravy! Can you tell I like it? :lol:

JayT said:
gravy on a slice of white bread, piled high and wide with turkey, salt/pepper/chile powder, more gravy, slice of white bread, more gravy, more salt/pepper/chile powder. Sorry the woman has the camera. You would love the gravy. It is very dark and wonderful. I spent about 2 1/2 hours just making the gravy! Can you tell I like it? :lol:

2 1/2 hours to make teh gravy? ......possible meter adjustment needed! NOVA!!!

And yeah...like he said...get teh camera and foo it up a bit too!!

Gravy was made with simmering giblets and neck o' the bird with veggies and herbs for two hours and strained. Then the dripping o' the bird were thickened with flour and cornstarch and added to the pot. If and when she ever comes home from shopping I will confiscate the camera and get to making another sandwich.

paulky_2000 said:
Okay.....I'll ask.

WHY did she take the camera shopping?

It wasn't that she took it shopping specifically, but she had it in her purse. She and it are home now, but I am not hungry yet. Soon. Maybe I should have some beer first...

Back