• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Noodle thread

Didn't see one and I noticed their are some people making their own Noodles so hope theirs going to be more interest. Gonna make some Noodles from scratch this weekend.

meanwhile;

Linguine Alfredo, kind ove.

Squid ink noodles and leftover clam chowder from this months Throwdown, topped with Blue Cheese and added more Dried Yellow Habaneros.

P1100817_LinguineAlfredo-1000_zpsdeb4gqxj.jpg

I told you so. :D The stuff is so easy to grow and clone.

Just got back from the market. They finally started to carry Shanxi 5yr vinegar and its was only $2.29. LaoGanMa was on sale for $1.99 so i got 3. Oxtails looked so good i could not help myself. Fried tofu puffs for the curry and laksa noodles.

v6Ahegi.jpg

This is killer on noodles and wontons. Be warned though it is very very addictive. :D
A4N6HlW.jpg

Yeah, them 2 packs were almost $27 but like i said i couldn't resist. Ive been craving braised oxtails for ages. Last time i had them cooked at home, the price was almost as cheap as soup bones.

Yup, fried them in a PC then cooked, came out like buttery soft (curry). Last I looked I just could not justify such a price, could get two good chickens for that :(.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
I told you so. :D The stuff is so easy to grow and clone.

Just got back from the market. They finally started to carry Shanxi 5yr vinegar and its was only $2.29. LaoGanMa was on sale for $1.99 so i got 3. Oxtails looked so good i could not help myself. Fried tofu puffs for the curry and laksa noodles.

v6Ahegi.jpg

This is killer on noodles and wontons. Be warned though it is very very addictive. :D
A4N6HlW.jpg

That got dang green onion pancake again....

Why do you trouble and tempt me so?

I need to get on the stick and get me some.

Pronto.

Ya'll need to find a slaughter house, meat prices are crazy around the country. You should also try to find beef shanks, they're good too and Mexican markets usually have them cheaper.

I'm with TB, I gotta make a trip for those pancakes and that chili crisp.

Depends on the bones and back then stuff like that was almost given away at butcher shops. Neck bones now are still reasonable but bones from the shank/leg are not cheap. If i buy a good sized bag, the Korean market still sells the better quality soup bones for under $3/lb...i think it was just under $2.50/lb

I had to make a trip to harbor freight so I also hit up the Asian store and the Indian spice store for some goodies. I finally remembered to get the pancakes and pickled mustard greens. I don't know crap about Indian food except I know I like curry but the guy was able to speak good English and educated me a little. All of the products come from India so I have some researching to do and figure out some dishes I want to cook.

Thats my favorite garam masala. MTR brand has some killer stuff too like sambar powder. Both of these are plenty good enough if you dont want to make your own.

Do they puff up like roti or just a little? Do you just fry them in a little oil and flip when you get a little color/burnt spots?

Talk to me Khemosabi!!!

I didn't realize they were just frozen dough, I thought they would be pre cooked. I cooked the whole pack at breakfast after I tasted one. I need to make these fresh, they're freaking awesome!!!

No noodles but I had another pancake for lunch with leftover brisket, rice dressing and baked beans. They make great tacos for mopping up that brisket au jus!!!
100_2641.JPG

100_2642.JPG

Back