• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Noodle thread

Didn't see one and I noticed their are some people making their own Noodles so hope theirs going to be more interest. Gonna make some Noodles from scratch this weekend.

meanwhile;

Linguine Alfredo, kind ove.

Squid ink noodles and leftover clam chowder from this months Throwdown, topped with Blue Cheese and added more Dried Yellow Habaneros.

P1100817_LinguineAlfredo-1000_zpsdeb4gqxj.jpg

A little hole in the wall Chinese joint that was owned by Koreans made the best Jjamppong ive had. It wasnt on a menu. They used a mix of beef and seafood plus the correct noodles. They claimed the noodles were made in house too. A couple Korean places offer a pretty good one IF you tell them you REALLY like spicy. Its either beef or seafood though and they both used udon noodles.

The one i loved closed/sold out many years ago. Maangchi's recipe is pretty good.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
A little hole in the wall Chinese joint that was owned by Koreans made the best Jjamppong ive had. It wasnt on a menu. They used a mix of beef and seafood plus the correct noodles. They claimed the noodles were made in house too. A couple Korean places offer a pretty good one IF you tell them you REALLY like spicy. Its either beef or seafood though and they both used udon noodles.

The one i loved closed/sold out many years ago. Maangchi's recipe is pretty good.
The korean owned chinese place I go to for jjampong makes it really well and make their own hand pulled noodles in house. It's really interesting watching them do it. I tried to make my own hand pulled noodles before and it was an epic failure so I usually just use udon noodles when I make it at home. The ones I used last night were brick noodles from a package but they were marketed as jjampong noodles. They were pretty good but not as good as the udon or hand pulled. I've actually managed to get the recipe pretty spot on to the restaurant I go to. Never actually written it down but I kinda just taste and build as I go til I get it right. The "wok hei" flavor is the most important part. High high high heat so you get those little burnt edges on the raw ingredients. Very important.

I guess I'll drop this here since there are noodles but I found a nice authentic filipino joint today for lunch. Noodles, chicken adobo, whole fried fish (eat the skin and all), mung bean stew and beef giniling. I wish I could have tried everything. The second pic is only half what they offer. When you're the only white boy in the whole place and everyone else is filipino, you know it's a legit spot

Edmick said:
I guess I'll drop this here since there are noodles but I found a nice authentic filipino joint today for lunch. Noodles, chicken adobo, whole fried fish (eat the skin and all), mung bean stew and beef giniling. I wish I could have tried everything. The second pic is only half what they offer. When you're the only white boy in the whole place and everyone else is filipino, you know it's a legit spot
My wife and I hit the new seafood city in Mississauga on the the way back from Toronto a couple of weekends ago. I felt like Godzilla in downtown Tokyo, looking out across a sea of a thousand plus Filipinos was surreal.

Tried out a new brand of Ramen noodles today  :drooling:

made with organic  black, brown, and white rice flours  :cool:

TUtCSWv.jpg

dHbQu2w.jpg

with some Spicy tuna in chili oil, with a bit more spicy added  :mouthonfire:
lfKlgf7.jpg

some of the Chili oil from the can of tuna, some low sodium soy, some more Scarlet Pain, and natural dark agave nectar  :drooling: this dipping sauce is so good and quick and easy to whip up 

GLSiAhP.jpg

DWy4gn4.jpg

Assembly   
(right about now you might be thinking  :think:  wait, that's not noodles... is that "Mexican rice?"  you are correct, I am using leftovers from last night, and this will be served as an appetizer with my noodles :) )

B9tivsf.jpg

Boom!
LYih2wf.jpg

Shown with my Bonchi in an Emu egg   for size reference, and in case anyone was wondering if it was still producing fruit  :cool:

y'all wanna see dem noodles though right  :party:

qTpPUTa.jpg

XJfq321.jpg

Nom Nom Nom 

thanks again Shorerider ! 
you rock mate  :metal:

:cheers:

Back