• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Noodle thread

Didn't see one and I noticed their are some people making their own Noodles so hope theirs going to be more interest. Gonna make some Noodles from scratch this weekend.

meanwhile;

Linguine Alfredo, kind ove.

Squid ink noodles and leftover clam chowder from this months Throwdown, topped with Blue Cheese and added more Dried Yellow Habaneros.

P1100817_LinguineAlfredo-1000_zpsdeb4gqxj.jpg

Cold Mountain sells a very good reduced sodium Kyoto white miso (140mg per tsp). The light/white misos are wonderful in noodle soups. I haven't tried Lotus Foods other noodles but i have gotten the brown rice ramen without any seasoning packets. I found the noodles to be a bit more tricky to cook properly.

did a semi-asian stir fry. sorry I didn't make the noodles. I don't have the right equipment. Several recipes combined here, but it was most like a Singapore noodles dish.

Snow peas, sauteed onion, garlic, 2 eggs and oil

IMG_0488.jpg

I didn't have any chili sauce on hand, so I made some. onion powder, chili powder, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, apple cider vinegar, ketchup ect.

IMG_0492.jpg

I wanted to use veggie pads here, but the store didn't have any, and I didn't have time to go hunting. So I used turkey pads instead. Just pulled them apart to make chunks. I cooked the meat after the onions/garlic were sauteed in the same oil. 

IMG_0490.jpg

And finally, after sautee-ing the snowpeas, cooking the eggs, and mixing the wet ingredients (teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil) and dry ingredients (basil, oregano, white pepper) I ended up with something like this. Doesn't look like much, but it tasted pretty good. Family approves. I need to buy a wok at some point... hehe. 

IMG_0496.jpg

I made a trip to get more Prima noddles and I picked up some laska because they had it and someone said it roots easy. 

Give me your method so I can grow it.

Keep laksa wet and it grows. Each time you take a piece off leave a couple leaves on the very top. Place the stem in a inch or so of water in a jar on a window sill. Roots will form within a week. Full sun, partial sun it dont seem to matter as long as you dont let it dry out. They dont like to be too cold either. I barely managed to save that clone by waiting too late in the season.

This plant was from 1 stem i saved and "cloned". I forgot to harden it off so it dont look the best in this pic but the new leaves look fine.
mQzL237.jpg

The bunch I bought was cut about 6" and I took the longest/biggest stems and put them in water. Tomorrow I'm gonna put them in my hydro juice to help them out. If they root that easy the hydro juice should make them grow. 

Thanks!!

Back