• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Noshow's Grow log "09"

Thanx much to (OrigamiRN For hooking me up with some plants)White bullet habanero
WhitebulletHabanero.jpg
Jolokia
Jolokia.jpg
Fatali
Fatali.jpg
:lol:

what we got here is sport ,beni highlands, choc habanero, and trinidad scorpion which just does not want to cooperate think im going to repot into some better soil, the soil was vaery sandy i used dirt from my yard had no soil at moment changing that tonight.
IMG00399.jpg

and a little update on the the seedlings that have been moved to direct sunlight and they are absolutely loving it, except for the banana pepper was doing great now all new leaf growth is curling, I am going to decrease the nutes. and yes now i know a clear cup is bad for roots. I'm going to spray paint them flat white(when i pot up). Im thinkin im going to paint all of my pots white to keep them from getting too hot. I soo wish i had a yard to grow in ground but i'm forced to do this i guess its good i have experience growing totally in pots.
I have only lost two plants since, Purple tiger and biquinho.
IMG00395-1.jpg

Looking good. I wish I could start more plants right now, but the few weeks of winter(about 5) that are coming up keeps me from doing it now.

thnx derek, I've been monitoring the outside temps nights and day. nights lows only been low 70's little chilly. I would have to have some sort of indoor setup for sure going if i couldn't.

Little update
the winds here have been ridiculous really ridiculous I came hoem other day and found my patio table flipped over, this table had plants on it and a big mess but plants survived the crude transplant. anyways i havent been able to put my plants in good sun because of the wind.
For my birthday my girl new just what i wanted she took me to the hydroponic store and let me loose, any ways here are my seedling that i just potted up to 1 gallon pots. they are very happy, im laying off nutes for a week or two
IMG00414.jpg

I also just began to germinate a second round of peppers and others soo my jungle is growing n growing can't wait for this round got some nice varieties goin.
IMG00413.jpg

here is a little little harvest of white bullets and angkor sunrises I pulled a few unripes just to show the different stage of them
IMG00432.jpg

Also some good news my Nepenthes Ventrata (pitcher PLant) is doing very well was not then i decided instead of klling this thing lets get it what it wants and i bought orchid food and it loves it just started to put on some new oitchers like ten of em i'm pumped i will be trying to clone this puppy for some friends.
IMG004162.jpg

Lookin good N. I think it's best to protect your delicate seedlings for next few days. It's going to be crazy windy until Ida blows through.

Nate the winds here have been rediculous also.
Today I discoverd a half stapped branch on my pepper plant which is loaded with peppers.
All I could do is duct tape it for support and say a prayer.
Plants have also been depleted of some nice direct sunlight for a week now.
Finally manage to get my seedlings out by the fence do to the wind changing slightly in direction.

I wish you luck through this nightmare.

your not kidding fade my plants have had like no sun in three to four days now, i'm mean a light light sun thats it. hope your plants survives good luck!

a little update. alot of my plants look like they are ready to be potted up and i think im going to do so today. the soil has remained moist i know they all have good drainage. And i have aerated the soil I also have applied epsom to the soil seems to have helped alittle with the leaF CURL BUT ALSO ALOT OF MY PLANT NOW ARE WANTING TO SET PODS (sorry cap) I have been pinching all the pods off except for the black hungarian excited for my first black pepper.
IMG00495.jpg

IMG004972.jpg

the chocolate habanero is doing probabily the best out of them all but all are doing Just O.k in my books hopefully when i pot up againthey will be much happier.
IMG00496.jpg

My potting regimen is going to change to, I will put seedlings in little half pint containers until 4 sets true leaves then into three gallon then to ten gallon getting sick of ptting up sooo many times. I believe ten gallon should be plenty room for a big plant to get big.

Hi Nate,

My Chocolate Habs are also all doing great, not one of them has the leaf curl.
The White Habs and Caribbean Red are giving me the most problems.

I think 10 gallon pots should be fine, as my Scotch Bonnets are in 7 gallon pots and are near 4 ft tall and over 3 ft wide and still growing.

10 gallons are huge pots. Don't hurt your back when you move plants around :) I'm sure they'll reach their big potential in them.

Choc hab looking good.

Back