• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

not sure how many metal fans we have here..

i like meshuggah but have to admit i'm not terribly familiar with their music. i borrowed chaosphere from a friend back when i was in high school..that was about it.

Wow!

hippo_bump.jpg

Here's another metal fan and proud headbanger.
I'm into traditional heavy metal, although almost any metal will do, as long as it is real metal.

My favourite bands are:
King Diamond
Primordial
Behemoth
Virgin Steele
Wuthering Heights
Savatage
Morgana Lefay
Kataklysm, only with their first albums, back when the goold ole' Sylvain Houde was singing with them.
Judas Priest
Flower Travellin' Band
Nevermore
Bathory

I'm not gonna fill the whole topic with my bands, you got the picture.
Headbanging while chillied is one of the best sensations a man can have! :D

Good mix of bands Dremoralord. King Diamond is probably the most amazing singer I have ever heard. I haven't heard Savatage for a long time. Bathory - is he still around? He was one of the earliest pioneers of black metal!

Great thread, here's bands I've seen to add to the mix. Been to two OzFests so...

Il Nino
Coal Chamber
Metallica,4 times
Slip Knot, 4 times
Mudvayne
Tool, 2 times
Slayer
HateBreed
Lacuna Coil
Lamb of God, 2 times
Static X, 2 times
Disturbed
Mastodon
Shadows Fall
Dragon Force
Suicidal Tendencies
Alice in Chains
Dream Theater
Megadeath
Chimera
Drowning Pool
Korn, 2 times
Fear Factory, 2 times
Judas Priest
Ozzy Osborne/Sabath
A bunch foreign bands at Ozfest
A bunch of others I was too drunk or "other" to recall...

I'd like to see;
Primus, Les Claypool is living legend, I need to see this guy
Neurosis
Yngwie Malmsteen
others I'm too inebriated to recall right now :)

EDIT

Others I recall seeing now that there's another Heavy Metal Thread going

Otep
Prong
Dimmu Borgir
Life of Agony
White Zombie
Faith No More (Mike Patton has chords man)

More EDIT

Oh, I caught Trivium twice, once with Machinehead and again on a big heavy metal tour.
Machinehead, 2 times

ive been to the gigantour with children of bodom and in flames (i got roope lativa's pick)
my favorite band is Strapping young lad my favorite artist is Devin townsend
i like zimmers hole in flames annihilator children of bodom 3 inches of blood behemoth dimmu borgir old mans child ayreon sonata artica

basicaly most types of metal besides hair since that stuff is just weak.. give me dobble kick!!

yay devin/SYL

Diablo said:
Totally, I totally forgot to add SYL to my list of want to see

not going to happen anytime soon sadly unless you like devins solo work then be ready to be rocked by basicaly the whole calalouge of DTB/DT/DTP but yea SYL is no more as of 2007.

any metal as long as it ain't glam!!!! my music tastes have widened over the years but i still love rock/metal/punk.
best live i've seen were suicidal tendencies (freakin awesome)they were on the same stage as slayer, testament and megadeth at clash of the titans in edinburgh years back and i have to say slayer are good but they are shit live.

list of most listened to

ac/dc
metallica
white zombie
ramones
dead kennedys
iron maiden
annihilator
ministry
danzig

just to mane a few!

Davetaylor said:
annihilator

freaken eh canadian thrash ftw jeff watters is awesome and i love metal bands that habe a little bit of humor to them. im mean comon "chicken N corn"

Diablo said:
Great thread, here's bands I've seen to add to the mix. Been to two OzFests so...

Il Nino
Coal Chamber
Metallica,4 times
Slip Knot, 4 times
Mudvayne
Tool, 2 times
Slayer
HateBreed
Lacuna Coil
Lamb of God, 2 times
Static X, 2 times
Disturbed
Mastodon
Shadows Fall
Dragon Force
Suicidal Tendencies
Alice in Chains
Dream Theater
Megadeath
Chimera
Drowning Pool
Korn, 2 times
Fear Factory
Judas Priest
Ozzy Osborne/Sabath
A bunch foreign bands at Ozfest
A bunch of others I was too drunk or "other" to recall...

I'd like to see;
Primus, Les Claypool is living legend, I need to see this guy
Neurosis
Yngwie Malmsteen
others I'm too inebriated to recall right now :)

I'd love to see Korn live - they're amazing. I saw Ozzy back in ,86 headlining Donington - he spent 2 hours running from one side of the stage to the other and made me dizzy. Dragon Force's guitarists are unreal - how can they be that fast and be note perfect? Seen Judas Priest twice and they play every gig like it's their last. Lacuna Coil - Christina Scabbia = BOING! Loved to have seen Drowning Pool too. Yngwie Malmsteen - absolute mastery of guitar, he's gotta be one of the greatest ever.

Davetaylor said:
any metal as long as it ain't glam!!!! my music tastes have widened over the years but i still love rock/metal/punk.
best live i've seen were suicidal tendencies (freakin awesome)they were on the same stage as slayer, testament and megadeth at clash of the titans in edinburgh years back and i have to say slayer are good but they are shit live.

list of most listened to

ac/dc
metallica
white zombie
ramones
dead kennedys
iron maiden
annihilator
ministry
danzig

just to mane a few!

Alright Dave! Didn't realize you were into metal too!

N_FF said:
not going to happen anytime soon sadly unless you like devins solo work then be ready to be rocked by basicaly the whole calalouge of DTB/DT/DTP but yea SYL is no more as of 2007.

That sux man, I didn't know that. They are east coast so I don't get too much news on that scene. Well, I'm kinda outta touch for a while anyhow ever since my own biz and now I'm a dad too.

I still love me some phaquen slip knot though man, the anger in Iowa is palpable in every single aspect, guitar, drum, vox, percussion lyrics. It'll be along time before a band can match that album.

Badger said:
I'd love to see Korn live - they're amazing. I saw Ozzy back in ,86 headlining Donington - he spent 2 hours running from one side of the stage to the other and made me dizzy. Dragon Force's guitarists are unreal - how can they be that fast and be note perfect? Seen Judas Priest twice and they play every gig like it's their last. Lacuna Coil - Christina Scabbia = BOING! Loved to have seen Drowning Pool too. Yngwie Malmsteen - absolute mastery of guitar, he's gotta be one of the greatest ever.

When I saw Metallica at Phoenix International in 92/93(can't recall), we walked out after Metallica's set. GnR was next up, we walked out before they even took the stage, sportin the middle finger in the air... (respect to slash though, he's legit)

I'd like to see Helmet and Filter too. On the non metal side, I want to see Incubus, they are a pretty complete group of musicians.

Last Korn show I saw was almost 3 hours, saw them in their home town Bakersfield, it was off the hook, saw them with Mudvayne.

Back