• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

not sure how many metal fans we have here..

Badger said:
I remember hearing something about the Metallica/Roses gig - didn't they have a bust-up or something?
Something about Axl Rose's prima donna antics caused some trouble between 'em at the time:rolleyes:

No big surprise there! I know Guns'n'Roses have a big following but I think Axl Rose is a twat. I remember years ago he was drinking from a bottle of Jack Daniel on stage. Except it wasn't full of Bourbon, oh no. It was cold tea!

Badger said:
I remember years ago he was drinking from a bottle of Jack Daniel on stage. Except it wasn't full of Bourbon, oh no. It was cold tea!

that is bad ass!!

he's obviously a talented guy, but then all of sudden he got a guy to play guitar with a KFC bucket on his head and released a pretty sad effort with Chinese Democracy. Doesn't seem like he's about the music anymore.

This is only a small sample of my favorite metal bands.

Devildriver

The Haunted

Cradle of Filth

Soundgarden

Acumen Nation

Deftones

Megadeth and Metallica (first few albums)

Racer X

Slayer

Overkill

King Diamond / Mercyful Fate

Iron Maiden

Judas Priest

Black Sabbath

Suicidal Tendencies

Everything Devin Townsend has been involved with.

That's it for now.

another devildriver fan! good to see. and The Haunted is pretty amazing too. They got some flack for their new album but I think it's amazing.

I'd say i easily enjoy about 3/4 of Nuclear Blast record's catalog. So instead of listing them all, i'd just do it the slacker way and go like that.

Too many to list...but my absolute FAV??

trooper1680x1050.jpg

I'm not a massive fan but I grew up on the stuff as my brother (tony05) was and still is a metal fan.

I grew up on slayer, Sepultura, Iron Maiden, MegaDeath, the old metallica (new stuff is sh*t), dead kennedy's and white Zombie.

My new Girlfriend is also a massive metal fan.....Her fav is Lamb of God. Not that i've ever heard of them but they are meant to be good....?

xgrafcorex said:
regardless, i figured i'd post this. one of my favorite bands (that i've never seen play (and still might not get to)) is reuniting to play some shows mostly in europe. the band is called at the gates..they're from sweden.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=83047

also, another band is doing the same thing..the band carcass from the uk. two highly influential metal bands that i've never seen live..i hope i can catch at least one of them at some point..preferably both. :D

I so wish I got to see either of them. Heartwork and Slaughter of the Soul are definitely some of my favorite albums of all time.

Badger said:
I know Guns'n'Roses have a big following but I think Axl Rose is a twat.!

You don't just think that, it's an absolute fact.

Even still, I've been a GnR fan since Appetite came out and seen them live twice. Once was Guns n Roses, the other was Axls new band. As much as I love Slash though, the new band are all far more profecient on their respective instruments. When I saw the new one, it was during the short time Buckethead(who I'm a massive fan of) was in the band.

Also I'm about 3/4 of the way through Slash's autobiography he put out 2 years ago. It's really good and definitely a worthwhile read to and fans of his.

To answer the original question of the thread after my GnR rant, yeah I'm a total metalhead. I can't wait to go see Converge, Mastodon, High on Fire, and Dethklok in a month.

Back